Hi! I'm Sanjoy, Director - Product & Strategy, India. Ask Me Anything! - Page 2

While doing monthly updates why it is necessary to factory reset. If so when i have to do factory reset before updating software or after updating software

Hi! I'm Sanjoy, Director - Product & Strategy, India. Ask Me Anything!

Comments

• fazal mass fazal mass
    ✭✭  / 
    While doing monthly updates why it is necessary to factory reset. If so when i have to do factory reset before updating software or after updating software

Nokia 5.1 plus
  • chethan chethan
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello sanjoy,

Happy to see that nokia is open for suggetions. Please tell me why dolby atmos and stereo speakers are limited only to first gen nokia 6 ( which has excellent build and looks).why nokia is very bad at finetuning dolby atmos atmos for nokia 6 even after pie update which has lost punchy bass that oreo 8.1 had. Do we can expect future models with stereo speakers and dolby atmos. Even windows phone had an equilizer then why not nokia android doesn't have. Please provide a fully functional dolby atmos equilizer like zte axon phones in coming days. Why pro camera is not available for entire nokia phones.please manufacture more phones with front fingerprint sensor like first gen nokia phones. Can we expect audio equilizer for our nokia phones ?
  • Sir,Can we expect complete metal bodied phones like Nokia 6 2017 2018 Nokia 7 plus any time sooner?? I am a person who uses phones in the roughest manner possible and all the stated mibiles are made with elagance along with Sturdy build quality  can withstand for 1.5 -2 years .But  the recently released phones 7.1 8.1 with glass backs are brittle and not made for Nokia fans like me.Though I agree that they are beautifully built and no other mobile in the given price range can compete with Nokia .Nokia standard build quality is missing in 7.1 and 8.1

If possible release two variants like full metal variant and glass bodied variant and leave it to customers' choice
  • iamsj iamsj
    ✭✭  / 
    Sir I av an issue even my nokia 6.1 is full charged to 100 out still shows charging what is the issue . Please help..
  • AMANDEEP1888 AMANDEEP1888
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello sir i was a big fan of nokia. i  am using nokia devices from last 16 years. But this time i faded up from nokia device and nokia service center in Chandigarh city. The problem is touch freeze every 5-6 minute of use this is too irritating. When i  gave  you phone for repair they were given me phone cracked and in open condition. When i was ask to your care help line they wes also told me replacement of phone. But after 2 day the language and why of talk your executives was very poor. Please check your system and your records . Now am starting a campaign against you and your poor services. My phone giving too much problem please check your job sheet  109433527/190425/007 . I will recommend to all please don't use nokia. 

✭✭  / 
    Hello sir i was a big fan of nokia. i  am using nokia devices from last 16 years. But this time i faded up from nokia device and nokia service center in Chandigarh city. The problem is touch freeze every 5-6 minute of use this is too irritating. When i  gave  you phone for repair they were given me phone cracked and in open condition. When i was ask to your care help line they wes also told me replacement of phone. But after 2 day the language and why of talk your executives was very poor. Please check your system and your records . Now am starting a campaign against you and your poor services. My phone giving too much problem please check your job sheet  109433527/190425/007 . I will recommend to all please don't use nokia. 

• Nokia 6.1 plus microphone is not working.I can't listen the voice of the other person when i call someone or i recieve any call.It works fine for google assistant.Please fix these basic things soon....
  • kriskuthu kriskuthu
    ✭✭  / 
    Need some improvements on the battery life of Nokia 6.1 2018, and performance 
  • <div>I have nokia 6.1 plus. </div><div>But charging gets connected and disconnected on its own. </div><div>What is the solution ???</div>
  • Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Will wireless charging still work normally if I wrap my phone in naan?
  • When will Nokia improve upon Nokia customer care services?
    What actions Nokia takes to satisfy its customers who have submitted phones for repairing in warranty period and are waiting for delivery even after 15 days of target delivery date, which has now become 25 days and still counting ?
  • akash khamaru akash khamaru
    ✭✭  / 
    When 1080p @ 60fps video recording come in Nokia 8????..... Awaited for long time..........I think Snapdragon 835 can able to record 60fps.....
  • Vadhan Vadhan
    ✭✭  / 
    > @Sanjoy said:
    > Hello Nokia Fans, 
    >
    > I am Sanjoy Dass. I am HMD Global's Director for Product and Strategy (India). I have been part of the Nokia phones story for the past 14 years from Symbian to Windows to now Android, and it has been a thrilling, humbling, memorable journey! 
    >
    > Enough about me! I am here to answer any questions you may have about our products, our updates, the Android One program, and the future of Nokia phones. I have been browsing this forum for the past few weeks and I must say I am impressed by your knowledge, passion, and love for Nokia phones.
    >
    > That said, I have noticed a fair number of questions that you, Fans, have about our phones. Please feel free to ask your questions in the comment section below, and I promise to answer every one of them. 
    >
    > I will be logging in on Thursday, May 16th, 3-5pm India time (9.30-11.30am GMT) to answer your questions. 
    >
    > And going forward, I want to host more such sessions. 
    >
    > Looking forward to your questions! Please ask away in the comments below...

I wanted to bring to your attention that, as per your customer care representatives, there is a server problem for the past 3 days for which the IT dept is rectifying, for the past 3 days, cos of which I have to wait for my order for almost a week. I ordered for Nokia 8.1 on 12 May and today is 15 May and the representative says I will get it in another 2 days. All cos of server problem. Im regretting going for Nokia phone now! If I have to face this at the time of purchase, I wonder how it is going to be after sales.
  • Vadhan Vadhan
    ✭✭  / 
    This is Vadhan from Chennai, India. I wanted to bring to your attention that there is a server problem for the past 3 days, as per the customer care executive, my order has been delayed! I had ordered Nokia 8.1. I ordered on 12 May and today is 15 May, and there is still server problem! Way to go Nokia IT dept! For the past 3 days these guys are saying server problem! I was supposed to get it on 13 May. Every time the executive gives me false hope saying i would receive the phone 'today' or max 'tmrw'. If I have to face this at the time of purchase, I wonder how the after sales service would be! I am regretting going to Nokia phone now!
  • abilash abilash
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello Mr. Sanjoy,

I own a Nokia 7 Plus device since over a year now. But more recently I am facing issue when connected to home WiFi device.

The issue is such that when I connect to my home WiFi most of the internet dependent apps like Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, Nokia Software Update, etc does not work. But when I connect via VPN app everything works as intended.

It certainly is not an issue with the WiFi because on same network other devices works fine (checked on Nokia 6.1 Plus among others). One more thing to notice is everything works well over the data network, but same fails on home WiFi.

This is an long pending issue faced by others device owners also but no solution is provided by HMD or Nokia in that matter even after multiple updates.

Request your immediate attention.
  • Subinnair Subinnair
    ✭✭  / 
    Sir nokia 6.1 plus battery support is too bad, full charge in the morning getting 1% by afternoon. Is there any option to recover this?
    ✭✭  / 
    When will Nokia improve upon Nokia customer care services?
    What actions Nokia takes to satisfy its customers who have submitted phones for repairing in warranty period and are waiting for delivery even after 15 days of target delivery date, which has now become 25 days and still counting ?
    After sale service is very poor
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    madbilly said:

ARcore is already available for Nokia 8. You need to download it from Google PlayStore.

Cheers 😊
  • When dark mode feature with dolby come to nokia 5.1 plus
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Pitkänen said:
    Will wireless charging still work normally if I wrap my phone in naan?
    Should, unless you forget that there's your phone wrapped inside and eat it up :D
  • San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    As I am the fan of HMD/Nokia I want to known when hmd is delivering excellent phone which throw one plus 7 pro out of boundry.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks @petrus :smiley: I'll check, but I thought Juho tweeted about improvements not only the existence of ARCore (and since it was in the same tweet as about the camera I presume it was related to AR-emojis) - If I can't work it out I'll follow up with a thread in the Nokia 8 section, no need to take this important thread off-topic any more.

Thanks for the shout out @singhnsk, thanks for the great questions ;)

@sanjoy sir, if you'll allow me I have a few more questions:
    • One of the most discussed topics on this community forum is the camera app and the number of suggestions for improvement (and requests for fixing bugs) is huge. I think it would be of great benefit to HMD and would be very much appreciated by the community if HMD could start a beta labs programme for improvement of the camera app. What do you think about this? Is it realistic?
    • I understand from speaking with one of your colleagues that whilst every phone has a different variant of the app due to each phone's unique features, the code used in all the apps is common. In this case, why is there such a big difference in the UI for the camera apps, e.g. between the 8.1 and the 8?
    • If the camera app-variants are phone-specific then they should provide all features which are supported by the hardware, so why are some features not supported by the HMD camera app but are supported by third-party apps?
    I may add a few more questions later, if I have time ;)

Cheers :smiley:
  • AMIT961 AMIT961
     / 
    can i take display output from usb-c port of my nokia 6.1 plus phone.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Hi @sanjoy, it would be great to know more about you!
    Cheers :smiley:

• Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk - Hmmm, you gave me an idea: "Nokia Paratha" :tongue: lol
  • I've had high hopes for Nokia as a brand. Being an early adopter, I immediately bought a Nokia 5.1 plus and help the brand revive . Nokia and stock Android sound like a no brainier to me. I've been using this device for months now and it's gotten to a State where it is unusable

1) Would u use a phone if You didn't receive any notification unless u open the specific app.(this is a huge thing I kept missing All the important messages, mails etc)
    2)would u buy another phone from the same company who's charging port got damaged in less than 6 months from buying?
    3) would u recommend such a phone/brand to anyone else 

How is it taking this long for Nokia to fix this(from December 2018- may 2019). I'm fed up with this device and Nokia as a brand has failed to impress me. I am advising everyone I see to not get a phone from your brand. It's been a terrible experience for all Nokia 5.1 plus users for months at this point. News gets around fast these days. Especially since a lot of people bought this device and every single one of them is facing the same issue.
  • JAVA JAVA
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sanjoy said:
    Hello Nokia Fans, 

I am Sanjoy Dass. I am HMD Global's Director for Product and Strategy (India). I have been part of the Nokia phones story for the past 14 years from Symbian to Windows to now Android, and it has been a thrilling, humbling, memorable journey! 

Enough about me! I am here to answer any questions you may have about our products, our updates, the Android One program, and the future of Nokia phones. I have been browsing this forum for the past few weeks and I must say I am impressed by your knowledge, passion, and love for Nokia phones.

That said, I have noticed a fair number of questions that you, Fans, have about our phones. Please feel free to ask your questions in the comment section below, and I promise to answer every one of them. 

I will be logging in on Thursday, May 16th, 3-5pm India time (9.30-11.30am GMT) to answer your questions. 

And going forward, I want to host more such sessions. 

Looking forward to your questions! Please ask away in the comments below...
    Hello sir . Nokia first generation received a new pie in build update but after update some features gone missing like adaptive battery ( select app options) is gone and some other features like geasters is gone to . Can we fix it?
  • cesar suarez cesar suarez
    ✭✭  / 
    Hopefully they take out a cheap smartwatch under the brand, it would be a cheap accessory to have, and I would love that there are more alternatives.
  • MobileCR MobileCR
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I still remeber the announcement from Nokia about it returning to the market...and to be honest after years of following HMD'S strategy it seems HMD is doing what they can without Nokia corporation. nokia announced the phones will be true nokia phones (design, quality, innovation) and as years come by...it is more and more evident HMD has failed miserably (specially in design and innovation) HMD phones look so generic and lack the Nokia feeling (software and eye catching industrial design...lumia colors were great and now they are gone)
    Nk.png 450.4K
This discussion has been closed.