Hi! I'm Sanjoy, Director - Product & Strategy, India. Ask Me Anything! - Page 3

Will Nokia 8 Sirocco get Android Q?

Hi! I'm Sanjoy, Director - Product & Strategy, India. Ask Me Anything!

Comments

• anirban banerjee anirban banerjee
    ✭✭  / 
  • Gauravnature Gauravnature
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey sanjay i was very excited by purchasing nokia 5.1 plus and it is a good phone but there are many bugs introduced after pie update
    The main bug was of ram management it was quite good in oreo but it got worse after pie update the apps are continuasly getting killed in the background even the accessibility settings for some apps are turned off by its own .
    Dear sanjay sir kindly fix the bugs before loosing ur customers
  • Can you please tell me when nokia 6.2 and android 9 pie beta for nokia 3 coming
  • fanas fnz fanas fnz
    ✭✭  / 
    Is ozo audio available in nokia 6.1+?
  • fanas fnz fanas fnz
    ✭✭  / 
    Can u recommend a fast-changer for nokia 6.1+
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's almost time for you to reply! I've got a few more Qs if you don't mind:
    • Please can HMD provide more detailed change logs with the software updates? The current ones are very generic, we would really appreciate more detail so that we know what we should expect to be fixed/updated/added. For example, I think the update which fixed the broken compass on the Nokia 8 was described very generically as "stability and user interface improvements"! Whilst technically correct this is not helpful at all!
    • How does HMD collect feedback from us and pass it on to hardware and software teams? What is the most efficient way we (the community) can inform HMD of common, widespread issues and feature/breaking bugs?
    • Can HMD provide a dedicated bug tracking tool for the community to use to register bugs on, to add additional information, so people can say "me too" and where HMD can give us feedback on the bugs and when we can expect them to be fixed? You can find a good discussion on this topic here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/41259/request-software-bugg-tracker-madbilly-juho
    • Maybe this has been asked already but I can't remember: Please can HMD provide us with the software tools to update and recover (reflash) our devices by ourselves? As you have read in many questions the customer service in India is sometimes terrible. If you gave us these tools then those who are technically capable could do the first treatment at home and if it is unsuccessful then they can take it to service. I believe this would help improve customer satisfaction as well as reduce support costs for HMD.
    Cheers :smiley:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A few on OZO Audio:
    • When will HMD release a phone which uses the full suite of OZO Audio features, including OZO Zoom and OZO Playback?
    • Will HMD update current HMD phones to provide new OZO Audio features, like OZO Playback and OZO Tune? (I think these are software only, they don't require additional hardware unlike the OZO Focus and Zoom features).
  • DevenLife DevenLife
    ✭✭  / 
    Pls sir launch the Nokia 9 PUREVIEW soon in India as it is already delayed and many handset is giving good options i don't want to loose hope from Nokia so pls make a request to launch in India soon in this month only otherwise our hopes ends from Nokia now onwards. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

A few product questions and suggestions:

• What do you think about:
    • A phone for developers which HMD announce will come with an unlockable bootloader, full device trees and source code at the time of launch?
    • A phone which HMD guarantee updates for 5 years, more like Windows Phone/Mobile and iOS support timescales? I believe this is benchmark which HMD should be aiming for, not the race to the bottom with the rest of the Android phone manufacturers.
    • What about a GNU/Linux smartphone instead of Android? Have you seen the Purism Librem 5 and PinePhone? HMD could do something like this too so we could have an open device with top quality hardware.
    • And another vote here for a Nokia running Sailfish OS ;)
    • We can see from the EU trademarks database that HMD own the Asha and Tarmo trademarks, can you tell us a bit more about HMD's plans for those?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello again :blush:
    What is done in the different HMD offices, R&D centres etc around the world? Where are phones designed, engineered, prototyped? Do HMD actually have your own R&D department or do your partners do this on your behalf? Some in-depth articles on the forum could be very interesting.
  • I want to see Nokia new device like Samsung A series A20,A30 What a Beautiful display brightness is so good Nokia Phones brightness is very very very bad Redmi phone brightness is so good
  • Nokia 6.1+ having more issues in charging port also New device going in download Mode Please solve this issue also display brightness need  improve in all model 
  • tamal0507 tamal0507
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello sir. I was there in Nokia fan meet in Kolkata. I'm using Nokia 6.1 Plus. It's a great device. But in other company phones with same processor they can play PUBG in HD graphics with high FPS. But in my device HD is not supported. And not even high FPS is there. It's very disappointing. Other phone at low price same processor enjoy high graphics. Please do something about it. 
  • user1554983362446 user1554983362446
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    If there is any offer valid for certain period of time it can not be changed.this is happened to me on 12/4/2019 i booked Nokia 7.1 (Rs.19,999/-)which gave a 15% discount on "MATCHDAYS" i.e i got for Rs.16,999.But for the next day when i went on the same site the price changed to Rs.17,999 with 15% it to 15,299/- .This is wrong the price cannot be changed when it is in the offer period till 28/4/2019.therefore i have lost my 2000/- which i would like your to refund me back.Please look into this matter  as soon as possible Hope i m very clear your product is too good and i am a big fan of Nokia and begin still using Nokia mobile at present also i am using microsoft which i am happy with it.Please refund my money of 2000/- back.i will be pleased if you do so.Thank you.   
    >
    >please refer to the above complaint regarding nokia mobile purchase.
    >
    >have been in contact with the nokia customer care support but no one is giving a a proper answer or directing me to the nokia authority person who would resolve this query.
    >
    >Got  your email id from the online site  and request u to please look into the query if you can help me out or forward my email to the relevant person who can help me out.

• JAVA JAVA
    ✭✭✭  / 

Pls sir launch the Nokia 9 PUREVIEW soon in India as it is already delayed and many handset is giving good options i don't want to loose hope from Nokia so pls make a request to launch in India soon in this month only otherwise our hopes ends from Nokia now onwards. 
    Is cases only android one smartphone only get android Q
  • altmashk3 altmashk3
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is sanjoy????
    Has anyone got reply from him???

• Kunal Narvekar Kunal Narvekar
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/chethan">chethan</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Hello sanjoy,

Happy to see that nokia is open for suggetions. Please tell me why dolby atmos and stereo speakers are limited only to first gen nokia 6 ( which has excellent build and looks).why nokia is very bad at finetuning dolby atmos atmos for nokia 6 even after pie update which has lost punchy bass that oreo 8.1 had. Do we can expect future models with stereo speakers and dolby atmos. Even windows phone had an equilizer then why not nokia android doesn't have. Please provide a fully functional dolby atmos equilizer like zte axon phones in coming days. Why pro camera is not available for entire nokia phones.please manufacture more phones with front fingerprint sensor like first gen nokia phones. Can we expect audio equilizer for our nokia phones ?</div>
    </blockquote>
    When much needed night mode on nokia 8.1...?
  • dipankar paul dipankar paul
    Staff member  / 
    Hi everyone, thank you for your overwhelming response.

Unfortunately,  Sanjoy had to tend to a personal emergency today and couldn't answer your questions. 

We are working on getting back to you with a new time.

I'm closing this thread for now.
This discussion has been closed.