Nokia 3 Android Oreo 8.1 update delayed

Nokia 3 Android Oreo 8.1 delayed even after it got 2 security patches on Oreo 8.0, I mean the period of 2 months has passed, but till not any news on Oreo 8.1…

Nokia 3 Android Oreo 8.1 update delayed

appu mali appu mali
✭✭✭  /  edited October 2018
Nokia 3 Android Oreo 8.1 delayed even after it got 2 security patches on Oreo 8.0, I mean the period of 2 months has passed, but till not any news on Oreo 8.1 for Nokia 3, anyone knows when it will be available??

Comments

• user1530435929150 user1530435929150
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Nokia 3 TA-1032 8.0 i.gat a new május , július security update no i did not get it 8.1 yon curious aloutb getting thi?
  • user1530435929150 user1530435929150
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Sorry for Május , Június update nó!!!
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    We are waiting for moderators reply on this topic...,,,
  • emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018

HMD never provide dates for the updates. Neither they said that Android 8.1 would be available in July'18, for Nokia 3. You were assuming this by yourself...

• user1528669282641 user1528669282641
     /  edited August 2018
    according to nokia, the nokia 3 of 2017 would be an Android one now
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, then we will get Oreo 8.1 even if later
  • steve steve
    Nokia continue to crap on the UK market with regards to updates in a timely manner, I think the UK should start to crap on Nokia's parade, and Google should remove the Android one project from Nokia, as they sure as **** don't deserve it, I hope bankruptcy is calling you Nokia
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Be calm down dear, u will get it
  • steve steve
    My stupid little Nokia 3 is still Android 7.1.1 and the customer service people say be patient??? So while Nokia show preference to other countries and regions, UK and other markets should be happy at that ? Thank god I've only got another few months and both my 7plus and 3 are being passed on to someone else, and I'm back to a company that's reliable
  • steve steve
    Don't call me dear , and you're no expert so your opinion means naff
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try VPN update method, many users updated theirs phone successfully in UK with this
    https://youtu.be/aPSVzRvd7y4
  • steve steve
    I'm not using a VPN method as it's not my problem that Nokia can't be honest and admit they are crap.
    Why should I have to try and update via a method that shouldn't be required ?
    Many users in the UK ? So you've done a survey in the UK ?
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Even the phone shop I bought both my phone's from now recommend people stay clear of Nokia because customers aren't happy with them
  • jab jab
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    Are you on EE? They're blocking the updates, there's a thread about it on the EE forum.
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    No I am not , and again you're only regurgitating information you've read online from others.
    Both my phone's are similar free and I use a mixture of contract and pay as you go sims in them , business and private are separate...again I'm not asking you for help so no need to kee offering unofficial workarounds thanks
  • emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Firstly, by saying you "dear", he is showing some respect towards you... And secondly, what do you mean by saying that he or I are not experts? If you have so imperiousness then why are you asking here? This is a community of Nokia users where many of the Nokia users share their opinions and problems with each other. We try to help them if we can and obviously none of the users, experts or even the agents of HMD can directly send OTA update of Android Oreo to your phone! 99% Nokia phones have already got the Android O update on their phone. The rest of the 1% will also be updated in sometime. Being rude towards one another cannot solve your problem!

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I actually wasn't asking emaz so thanks
  • emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Yes that's true, you weren't asking at all! You just joined the thread by giving rude replies...  ;)

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I wasn't asking anything , I was making a point of saying Nokia are crap, it's a statement not a question, see ?
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Clever Emaz 
  • emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Nokia is not a crap, that's the point after all! :)

• emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Not really... I don't think I'm clever ;)

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Each to their own , it's a free forum and I said what I want :-) I stand by my comments on Nokia.
  • emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Your choice! Everybody has their own opinions... :)

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes they do and that's why I am allowed to say Nokia are crap :-) almost as diabolical as Moto Lenovo aka Satan's **** stain
  • jab jab
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Actually I'm telling you exactly what EE have said, updates are blocked until they're approved and more than likely it's the same with other networks.

The problem isn't with Nokia, it's with your phone network.
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've already said I'm not with EE and you're still just repeating what you're told , which ever source you received it from.

If you read my reply , my phone is network unlocked,and I use a number of sims in my phone's , I always do appropriate resets of Google services , network services , blah blah blah

I'm not requiring help on here , I just wanted to show my opinion on poor Nokia's last stand
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @aaaaaaaaaaaa, thats vpn provide an official update for u, even if Ur carrier/operator/region personal blocked the official updates
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    And VPN isn't really official if it's misleading your network or location in order to obtain an update, therefore I'm not doing it
  • jab jab
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    If you bothered to do some research rather than just crying you'd see that other people with sim free phones are having the same problem because of networks blocking the updates.

I'm done replying to somebody who just wants to cry and moan.