Update broke fingerprint functionality?

A recent update (April 1) to my 8.1 seems to have broken the fingerprint reading functionality.

Update broke fingerprint functionality?

Andy Warner Andy Warner
✭✭  / 
A recent update (April 1) to my 8.1 seems to have broken the fingerprint reading functionality. It worked flawlessly before, and now it fails about 75% of the time. I removed all fingerprints and tried to add new ones. When I do, about 75% of the time it is telling me that the lens is dirty and that I should clean it. I cleaned the lens with no change. I have had the phone for a number of months and have never had any issue or message saying to clean the fingerprint reading lens. Any one have any idea how to fix it?

Comments

• San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please wait for the next update, may be they will fix in next update. As all things you have done already.
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭  / 
    Got April and May together yesterday so I don't know how it is on April, but on May there are no issues on FP so far. :) 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Fingerprint Sensor is functioning perfect for me. No issues faced yet even after the May update
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 16
    @Andy Warner have you did soft reset.I didn't have issues with my fingerprint.
  • FlorinV FlorinV
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing the same issue after may update.
    In the past i had really good success rate with fingerprint.
    Now it dropped