Dark mode for google assistant search bar

Google is testing dark mode in Google assistant search bar for some users. I was lucky and my phone got the update.

Dark mode for google assistant search bar

sammy sammy
✭✭✭  / 
Google is testing dark mode in Google assistant search bar for some users. I was lucky and my phone got the update. It looks awesome with notification panel and other UI parts also in dark mode.

Comments

• planetoidx planetoidx
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @sammy

Well, I don't consider myself 'lucky' to receive that update. I have been facing bugs in Google Search just after the update. I have been trying a lot to revert back, but it's of no use. IDK why Google gave me this update..!

Can you share a few screenshots of your dark mode/theme ?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @sammy

Well, I don't consider myself 'lucky' to receive that update. I have been facing bugs in Google Search just after the update. I have been trying a lot to revert back, but it's of no use. IDK why Google gave me this update..!

Can you share a few screenshots of your dark mode/theme ?
    I have uploaded the screenshot, but I am not able to see it in comments. Maybe it needs moderator approval.
  • San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    Google is testing dark mode in Google assistant search bar for some users. I was lucky and my phone got the update. It looks awesome with notification panel and other UI parts also in dark mode.
    I did not received yet .....
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Screenshot attached.
  • Rango Rango
    ✭✭  / 
    I leave most dark mode features off, cus the navigation bar stays white even in dark mode. Makes it look ugly.
  • user1530758915623 user1530758915623
    ✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    What version of the Google app do you have?
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

I assume this is what OP is talking about, the new look for Google Assistant?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My phone is not working properly. I will reply when it's ok.
  • Arka Arka
    ✭✭  / 
    I am not that lucky cause I didn't receive it yet.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Here are the screenshots. Open Google app, then go to settings and select customise widgets. From here, select dark mode for Google search bar.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Rango said:
    I leave most dark mode features off, cus the navigation bar stays white even in dark mode. Makes it look ugly.

Rango said:
    Why? Go to phone settings, open display settings, select device theme and select "dark mode" to keep notification shade always dark.

• d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 

I assume this is what OP is talking about, the new look for Google Assistant?
    Lol this is the actual changes made recently to the Google assistant that is rolling out in phases not everybody got the update and the OP is talking about dark mode search bar what!? That's just google search bar customisation that's been there since long time.
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 27
    The dark mode OP is talking about is just search widget customisation that you can find here and there's no such thing as google assistant search bar it's just "google search widget"