Does Netflix support hdr 10 on nokia 8.1 ?

In youtube If you play any hdr video you screen will change its slight color right ?

Does Netflix support hdr 10 on nokia 8.1 ?

Arpit09 Arpit09
✭✭  / 
In youtube If you play any hdr video you screen will change its slight color right ?
That means the hdr is working but when I play netflix videos and the videos which are in 4k I don't get the same change of color or Is there any way to really know that what quality video am I playing on netflix andnI have the best plan bdw. Does netflix show that you are playing this in hdr ?

Comments

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Arpit09 said:
    That means the hdr is working but when I play netflix videos and the videos which are in 4k I don't get the same change of color or Is there any way to really know that what quality video am I playing on netflix andnI have the best plan bdw. Does netflix show that you are playing this in hdr ?

I think this is because of the restrictions of the Widewine L1 support which supports HD, Full HD and 4K streaming on Netflix but not the HDR content. I hope that this might be the reason because of which you are unable to stream HdR content on Netflix
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
    Arpit09 said:

I think this is because of the restrictions of the Widewine L1 support which supports HD, Full HD and 4K streaming on Netflix but not the HDR content. I hope that this might be the reason because of which you are unable to stream HdR content on Netflix
    Yaa I have talked to the netflix agent and he said hdr isn't supported on nokia 8.1 and i even can't see on supported devices.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Arpit09 said:
    Arpit09 said:

Yaa I have talked to the netflix agent and he said hdr isn't supported on nokia 8.1 and i even can't see on supported devices.
    Yep 8.1 is not supported for HDR content in Netflix
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
     @Argho Sarkar
    Do you have any idea how does it work i mean does nokia nas to go to netflix and do the things or netflix netflix come or is this other wayy around ?
    I mean how can nokia come under hdr thou it supports hdr so why not? Why not netflix should include it in its hdr category.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Arpit09 Netflix provide the ultra HD which is the highest plan of Netflix. Yes, I see in Nokia 8.1 only with that display. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm not able to take screenshots because Netflix doesn't allow that otherwise I would have shown you how it looks on my phone. I can't accept better quality. 
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm not able to take screenshots because Netflix doesn't allow that otherwise I would have shown you how it looks on my phone. I can't accept better quality. 
    But still doesn't have hdr
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mine working with hdr 10. @Arpit09
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Mine working with hdr 10. @Arpit09
    Netflix hdr content is working ?
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Buy a TV and watch Netflix, not on a pathetic 6.1" screen. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Amith M yeah that's better🤣
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hdr10 on a mobile screen is a complete waste anyway. It's like living in a tiny one room flat yet trying to cram in a big king size bed. 

As someone said above, if you really care for enjoying the highest quality Netflix etc have to offer, spend money and get a large Oled tv. For standard phone screens, even SD quality work fine.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 23
    Amith M said:
    So funny 🙄🙄. You are amazing, this community needs your point of view.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hdr10 on a mobile screen is a complete waste anyway. It's like living in a tiny one room flat yet trying to cram in a big king size bed. 

As someone said above, if you really care for enjoying the highest quality Netflix etc have to offer, spend money and get a large Oled tv. For standard phone screens, even SD quality work fine.
    Really ??? Standard quality is fine. No words. 
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    I'm not being funny, watching Netflix on a phone is pathetic. You can buy a 50" 4k hdr TV for less than the price of the phone. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Amith M is not even that pathetic to watch on a phone. I completed TVD on phone itself. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    I'm not being funny, watching Netflix on a phone is pathetic. You can buy a 50" 4k hdr TV for less than the price of the phone. 
    To watch the TV series, u want others to spend another 20k and but a TV instead watching these series on a phone. Not everyone is rich @Amith M
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    To watch the TV series, u want others to spend another 20k and but a TV instead watching these series on a phone. Not everyone is rich @Amith M
    Yet you have money for a upper-midrange phone, a phone plan, internet and a subscription to Netflix... 🤔
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 23
    I also completed Delhi crime , GOT on phone itself though I have Samsung smart TV in which I watched made in heaven, etc, etc...🤣 
    Sorry to give extra talk here, just feeling to be frank today.😆😁 
    You just need to get interest in that particular movie/ series, no matter on what are you're watching. 
    It's always one's choice. Where that person likes. <3 <3
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    Yet you have money for a upper-midrange phone, a phone plan, internet and a subscription to Netflix... 🤔
    I saved money for 8.1 and now left with none. Its a wastage of money for a TV for me.
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    Though I have a 4k tv but I wanted to know if Netflix play hdr or not If the phone have the capability then why not wanted to know how a procedure take place.
    Don't just write anything for the sake of writing . And bdw watching hdr movies on phone is great so just keep the mouth shut.
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Arpit09 said:
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    Though I have a 4k tv but I wanted to know if Netflix play hdr or not If the phone have the capability then why not wanted to know how a procedure take place.
    Don't just write anything for the sake of writing . And bdw watching hdr movies on phone is great so just keep the mouth shut.
    4k TV =/= HDR

Google "Netflix hdr" it's not supported. 

Watching a movie on a phone is pathetic 🤮

Buy a tablet at least. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Arpit09 said:
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    4k TV =/= HDR

Buy a tablet at least. 
    No money
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Arpit09 said:
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    4k TV =/= HDR

Buy a tablet at least. 
    Why do you think i use netflix from google .
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Arpit09 said:
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

I'm done with you, you don't understand when you think you do. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    Oh! I just noticed you come to normal tone with people, you sound better now. Amith M said:
    Arpit09 said:
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

I'm done with you, you don't understand when you think you do. 

• alexbua alexbua
     /  edited May 25
    Arpit09 said:
    Amith M said:
    Amith M said:
    Great reply @Arpit09 😂
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭  / 
    @NIMISHA Nokia 8.1 doesn't support hdr for your information, it do support HD.
    If it did support you would see hdr written under the show timings and all.
    So yaa nokia doesn't support I hope it will in future that will be good.
  • Forget about HDR, I can't even stream HD on Amazon Prime and Netflix. The maximum resolution is 540p in my Nokia 8.1
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭  / 
    Forget about HDR, I can't even stream HD on Amazon Prime and Netflix. The maximum resolution is 540p in my Nokia 8.1
    Get better internet.