how to block all outgoing calls, except whitelisted numbers?

Is there any way to block all outgoing calls from the phone, except for manually whitelisted numbers?

how to block all outgoing calls, except whitelisted numbers?

techjunkie techjunkie
 /  edited July 7

Is there any way to block all outgoing calls from the phone, except for manually whitelisted numbers? I would need this to be setup on my daughter's (5 yrs old) phone, so that she doesn't accidentally/randomly call strangers. She ever only needs to call "Mom", "Dad" and grandparents - no need to allow her to make just any call anywhere in the world.

Comments

• techjunkie techjunkie
     / 

Sorry, forgot to mention that I got her the entry-level Nokia 1 model. So anything available for that?

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Are you about Fixed Dialling Numbers?
    In the dialer app > Menu (3 dots top/right) Settings > Calls ... - I'm not sure if availability depends on the mobile operator, and have never used this feature myself.
  • techjunkie techjunkie
     / 

Hello user389,

yes that seems to be the correct feature! However, I'm not able to find it in Nokia 1 (Android Oreo) in the dialling menus anywhere... The wikipedia article for Fixed Dialing Numbers seems to be just the feature I'm looking for. It even gives my situation as an example: "the list may give the child permission to call only their relatives or friends".

There's a link to an FDN Guide video in the wikipedia article, and it just might be possible to edit the FDN list on a PC computer... I'll look into that, because it doesn't seem to be available in Nokia 1 Android Oreo off the shelf. Right now cant' check the video guide as I can't turn on sound ...

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 7

Nokia 1 is a dual-SIM phone, my bad.

Please try:
    Dialler app > Menu > Settings > Calling accounts > tap SIM 1 or 2 at the top.

The SIM settings menu in Calling accounts is only available when a SIM card is inserted. It should prompt for the PUK2 code to enable the FDN service if it behaves as my Nokia 6.

Your mobile operator may provide a self-service website for this and other services, and I'm not sure if the carrier have to enable something at their end.

Please let the forum know if and how you get it sorted out, and if it works the way you want? It's the first request for fixed dialling numbers I've seen here.

--
    Hans

• techjunkie techjunkie
     / 

Hi user389,

your suggestion worked! Excellent, thank you!!!!!! Now I don't have to worry that my child dials any random numbers :)

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That's great news. You could use the "Mark as Answer" button to show everyone :)

• techjunkie techjunkie
     /  edited July 9
    Hey madbilly,

I actually have marked it as answer, it even shows me link ”UnMark as Answer”
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Ah yes, I see it now, please excuse me :)