Share your experience after May 2019 SP(Oreo 8.1 Only)

Hello,tell us your experience after installing the May 2019 Security Patch for Oreo 8.1 and Is this right time to upgrade to Oreo 8.1 or not?

Share your experience after May 2019 SP(Oreo 8.1 Only)

user1520881638007 user1520881638007
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello,tell us your experience after installing the May 2019 Security Patch for Oreo 8.1 and Is this right time to upgrade to Oreo 8.1 or not?

Comments

• The Nokia 2 with the most recent security patches is running a bit slow, but it is usable for web browsing, including commenting, email, etc.

I've installed MariaDB and PHP server (running in localhost) along with the adminer PHP admin tool and a MySQL client for accessing and managing the databases on MariaDB and they all work reasonably well.  Ask does the SQLite management tool.

P.S.

The Nokia 2 with Oreo 8.1 is not secure as it is missing Jan and Feb 2019 security patches.  Here's a writeup for some of the unpatched Feb 2019 vulnerabilities:

This is essentially Android stagecoach 2.0.

• Correction:
    This is essentially Android _stagefright_ 2.0.

• udangana udangana
    ✭✭  / 
    After the update the phone becomes very slow, i had to do a factory reset, but after that it was ok. I think it is time now for everybody to upgrade to Oreo 8.1 on Nokia 2.

One main thing oitstanding is the absence of recovery mode where one can factory reset in case of forgotten password.

Battery drain so easily.
    Sometimes the phone lags, one needs to restart at intervals
  • LuisFlores LuisFlores
    ✭✭  /  edited May 17
    for me is a good update, my phone works great, no need to do a factory reset
  • demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
    Everyone facing the slowdown issue, try rebooting your device. It fixed it for me. It seems dalvik-cache isn't properly created during the first boot
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 2 Oreo need some work to be done with what bugs I saw 
    - screen glitches with kiwi browser on Facebook 
    - battery optimization is aggressive even if I added music player to don't optimize it kills the app 

- very very very slow experience for me as my go to games to pass time are not working as smooth as nougat so I see the phone with Oreo is boring as I can't play games within (even gba games lags like Street fighter turbo revival gba rom lag in between stage loading )
  • The Nokia 2 with the most recent security patches is running a bit slow, but it is usable for web browsing, including commenting, email, etc.

I've installed MariaDB and PHP server (running in localhost) along with the adminer PHP admin tool and a MySQL client for accessing and managing the databases on MariaDB and they all work reasonably well.  Ask does the SQLite management tool.

P.S.

The Nokia 2 with Oreo 8.1 is not secure as it is missing Jan and Feb 2019 security patches.  Here's a writeup for some of the unpatched Feb 2019 vulnerabilities:

This is essentially Android stagecoach 2.0.

• Talking about usable ? This phone is only usable for throwing it out of the window. I don't know what's the use updating your phone.....if it acts so crazy after it
  • Shashwat jha Shashwat jha
     /  edited May 24
    Thinking about reverting it into nougat....... nothing's better on this device after the oreo update except some of it's new features..... if they function correctly.
  • han han
    ✭✭  / 
    Very very slow..
  • user1516119250933 user1516119250933
    ✭✭  / 
    Want Go version of Oreo or future Pie  possible 😏
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Want Go version of Oreo or future Pie  possible 😏
    They don't put much effort to fix the phone bugs until now we have security patch , later on we will see if we get any bug fixes if they didn't fix any bugs next update will sideload nougat with August sp and I will root it and will keep it minimal !
  • sureshrathod sureshrathod
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 30
    Normal Oreo Kernel Build On Nokia 2 i.e.1GB RAM isn't going well as it's might degrade performance.I won't like my phone to be slow to very slow so that's not good for me as i am still on noughat for better performance.nokia 2 is not only failure in hardware but also in software as well because we don't get go edition os.
  • Hallo all,, i want to ask ,, yesterday my phone was bootlop,, but i can handle itu with push some key,, but after that my contacts and other data was lost and the notification was not function well.. 
    Its not well for me,, what must i do?
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hallo all,, i want to ask ,, yesterday my phone was bootlop,, but i can handle itu with push some key,, but after that my contacts and other data was lost and the notification was not function well.. 
    Its not well for me,, what must i do?

If your contacts are synced with the google then you will get it back without any issue and regarding data mostly it will be erased when you try to side load the OTA package.but after side load it is required to do a factory reset to get it cleared all unwanted things and work well
  • In addition to MariaDB and PHP server apps described in my previous comment, I have installed a Python IDE app and R (the R programming language).  I've written a short python script in the Python IDE which connects to a MariaDB database, executes a query on a table, prints the result in the Python IDE and closes the database connection.  I had to install a MySql Python package to enable the database connection and I've yet to install a handful of additional data science-related packages that are available...

I've got R installed in a terminal emulator and Linux (Debian-based) environment app, have added new R packages and have done some basic statstical calculations on the device.

This represents a complete data science environment (for learning) on the Nokia 2 running Oreo 8.1.  My Nokia 2 is a data science machine!

Lololololololol
  • deletionism deletionism
    ✭✭  /  edited June 25
    My Nokia 2 refuses to encrypt. Pin lock screen and app menu also lags. I have the latest Oreo Update with May 2019 security patch.