Very disappointed with Nokia service after Android 9 upgrade bug

Following installing the Android 9 upgrade, I discovered my Nokia 6.1 would no longer play mpl3 files.

Very disappointed with Nokia service after Android 9 upgrade bug

Meegs Meegs
 / 
Following installing the Android 9 upgrade, I discovered my Nokia 6.1 would no longer play mpl3 files. The 1300 contact number for Nokia Australia was disconnected so I was forced to use tech support chat. After going through the rig-a-roll of clearing app cache and storage, they finally admitted this was a 'known issue' with the upgrade and Nokia was working on fix. However, they couldn't provide an estimated time frame on when it would be released. It has been 5 days already. I miss my music and I am travelling on Monday! I am astounded there is not more chatter about this online. Nokia's response to this bug is very disappointing. I have a new phone but these upgrades are not covered under the warrantee so I am stuck with a phone which is not fit for my purposes. When is Nokia going to fix this problem?!
Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Meegs, that's an annoying thing. Have you tried 3rd party music players and the result is similar? That's a strange happening indeed. But never expect more from the chat support.
  • Meegs Meegs
     / 
    Yes, I have since installed 3 3rd party apps but I am more concerned about Nokia’s response to getting this fixed. I’ve paid over $400 for the phn & it’s not working as it should. Only Nokia can fix it but their response is a little too slow. I’ll never download an update again untill I have reviewed it.
  • tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Are you sure? I have April 2019 update and if I open an mp3 with Files it plays OK.