[05/08/19 Update] - Android Q Developer Preview

Greetings Nokia 8.1 Android Q developer preview fans.

[05/08/19 Update] - Android Q Developer Preview

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited August 6

Greetings Nokia 8.1 Android Q developer preview fans.

We are pleased to announce that the Beta 5 Developer preview build is now available for sideload (V4.070). This release also includes the July 2019 Security Patch. 

Please note, we are unable to offer the Android developer preview builds to devices in China, Russia, or to certain network providers.

The program currently supports models TA-1119, TA-1121 and TA-1128. To check your device is compatible, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Model & hardware.

If you see reference to “00WW” and your locale is not Russia, then you’re good to go.

If you see reference to “00CN”, or if your locale is Russia, then please do not use these builds.

Also please check the Known issue list >here<.  

Best regards

Comments

• sairog sairog
    ✭✭  / 
    Whoops! My first visit, first post in this forum. Came to download the Q, wasn't available currently, a search leads me here.

Hope it will be available again soon. Waiting...
  • HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
    Staff member  / 
    @singhnsk

Thanks for raising. I will forward this to the web team. 
  • HMD_Laura HMD_Laura
    Staff member  / 
    Hi all, 

yes the build is now online :) sorry for the delay. 

@Argho Sarkar thx for confirming. 

Best regards, 
    Laura 
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 23
    HMD_Laura said:

Hi Nokia 8.1 Android Q developer preview fans.

A new Developer preview build is available (same ID of V4.011 - Beta 3). This resolves the upgrade issue that some users experienced if the device had been previously updated with the May Security patch (“00WW_2_59E_SP01” or “00WW_3_02D_SP01”).

Please note the following:

o   Before flashing with the new build, you must have updated your device to the May Security Patch (“00WW_2_59E_SP01” or “00WW_3_02D_SP01”). Failure to have done so will result in unsuccessful flashing.

o   This updated build does not include any additional fixes.

Best regards, 
    Laura 

Thanks for this updates.I will download this build and try for the same. @matteo.m  @HMD_Laura
  • kleiton barreto kleiton barreto
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello, any of you could inform me, where can I download the stock rom of nokia 8 as a backup of security by virtue of a possible crash in the handset, just remembering I am android 9 with the patch of may 2019. And just remembering I intend just reset the original image without bootloard unlocking.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, any of you could inform me, where can I download the stock rom of nokia 8 as a backup of security by virtue of a possible crash in the handset, just remembering I am android 9 with the patch of may 2019. And just remembering I intend just reset the original image without bootloard unlocking.
    There's no way you can do it yourself while the bootloader is locked. You will have to send the device to Nokia Care for the service or else buy some service which does a remote flashing.
  • ronb72 ronb72
    ✭✭  / 
    Had “00WW_2_59E_SP01”, downloaded PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-259F-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-gsi_sdm660_64_00WW-gsi_sdm660_64.
    Installed via adb successfully and started up the phone. My sim card is not recognized, android.process.acore crashed continuously.

Only option is rollback 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ronb72 said:
    Had “00WW_2_59E_SP01”, downloaded PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-259F-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-gsi_sdm660_64_00WW-gsi_sdm660_64.
    Installed via adb successfully and started up the phone. My sim card is not recognized, android.process.acore crashed continuously.

Only option is rollback 
    Did you wipe your data/factory reset.I did it i don't have issue like this but snapdragon camera crashes when tap on beautify and in settings suggestions can't be clear.
    Does Jio Sim works in Android Q Developer Preview?
  • Can I get Android Q for my Nokia 7Plus? And when?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Can I get Android Q for my Nokia 7Plus? And when?
    Not at this moment but you will get it later by this year only
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    None of this is to do with Android Q so please stop your discussion and get back on topic. Go and talk about your disagreement in the forum feedback section. I'm not a moderator so can't tidy this up, I hope someone comes along to do it soon.
    Cheers :)
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I agree with @madbilly this is not the place to discuss all this. Please do talk about what it topic says. 
    Please guys maintain the decorum of our community. Stop flagging each other posts. 🙏
  • ronb72 ronb72
    ✭✭  / 
    I agree with @madbilly this is not the place to discuss all this. Please do talk about what it topic says. 
    Please guys maintain the decorum of our community. Stop flagging each other posts. 🙏
    Thank you very very much for your great comment! This has to stop.
    Let's talk about the phone and Android Q boys and girls!😄
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Waiting for a new build of Android Q. I'm not installing it until major bugs are patched. I don't consider myself as a developer, so, there's probably nothing for me to gain there.
    For those who installed it, do you recommend it to a casual user who wants his phone's basic functionality available at all times?

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    singhnsk said:
    Waiting for a new build of Android Q. I'm not installing it until major bugs are patched. I don't consider myself as a developer, so, there's probably nothing for me to gain there.
    For those who installed it, do you recommend it to a casual user who wants his phone's basic functionality available at all times?

I have installed it.You will not get Nokia Camera Application in preview mode even if you have apk of that it works on rear camera normal mode 3/10.Snapdragon Camera is below average as compared to nokia camera.Gcam also not supported well as it's night mode gives actual output rest as same as snapdragon camera output 1-2MB.Jio Outgoing Support is not available yet.I have Airtel and Vodafone which works.
    • UI - Network signal bar flashes and may appear unsteady (This is only a UI issue, not actual signal representation)
    • Camera (Snapdragon) - Colour mode may be intermittent
    • Camera (Snapdragon) - App may auto exit when pressing Face Tracking several times
    • Camera (Snapdragon) - Camera may auto exit after selecting Pause and Stop whilst in camcorder mode.
    • Suggestions can't be clear.
    • Fingerprint doesn't have sound when unlock phone and its takes 2 seconds.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you @nitin kachare. Jio is currently my primary SIM card and I use the SIM+SD combination. So, I think that's the major hurdle where I should give up. I can't keep my phone without calling abilities 😂
    Camera is a bummer too. But I'd have lived with that since I barely take photos and when I take, they are usually documents only. Camscanner is all I need for that 😂 Let's see if the next build brings back the Jio support.

✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Thank you @nitin kachare. Jio is currently my primary SIM card and I use the SIM+SD combination. So, I think that's the major hurdle where I should give up. I can't keep my phone without calling abilities 😂
    Camera is a bummer too. But I'd have lived with that since I barely take photos and when I take, they are usually documents only. Camscanner is all I need for that 😂 Let's see if the next build brings back the Jio support.

Exact same opionion, a phone without calling abilities are useless when one has just one sim. Hope that Jio sim will work in the next build of Android Q
  • pb6860 pb6860
    ✭✭  / 
    i am unable to run some apk files after installed android Q DP3 on nokia 8.1???why??how to resolve?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    pb6860 said:
    i am unable to run some apk files after installed android Q DP3 on nokia 8.1???why??how to resolve?
    Like which apks?
  • pb6860 pb6860
    ✭✭  / 
    apk, such as created by MNC companies which require id and password so i am unable to sign in after android q DP3 installed.