Nokia 8.1 Android Q registration and adb

I have registered for the OTA update of the Android Q. And I received the update. I tried to install it. But then something strange happened.

Nokia 8.1 Android Q registration and adb

ronb72 ronb72
✭✭  /  edited May 20
I have registered for the OTA update of the Android Q. And I received the update. I tried to install it. But then something strange happened. After a while, it received the new OTA update of Android P and the device installed that instead of the Android Q.
(or maybe it was because of my fast unregistraion of the device)
So I unregistered my device and after a day registered again and registered the device after the next day again. Now I didn't received the OTA Android Q update, strange enough.

I download the software (PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-P-to-Q.zip) from the https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/developer and used adb to install it, but then I get an error on the phone after 47%: Update package is older than the current build. Downgrade pakage must have a pre-build version set....

Can somebody help?
Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @ronb72, it's because your phone is on the May update by the QDP sideload image expects the April update. I believe this has been fixed now, so if you try again it should work.
    Cheers :)