Found a permanent solution for app getting killed in the background

Fix for app killing problem Before you begin- If you know about CMD and all then read from command 1 or else read this message completely

Found a permanent solution for app getting killed in the background

richie1 richie1
✭✭  / 
Fix for app killing problem

Before you begin-

If you know about CMD and all then read from command 1 or else read this message completely

(((((1. Make sure you have all adb/usb Vcom drivers installed before you start otherwise your phone won't be detected

2. Open the folder where you have adb drivers and do a right click and press shift key with it and click on open command window here.
 Enable usb debugging in your device Then connect your phone to pc  and run command " adb devices " to make sure that your phone is connected))))))

Then run the commands given below to fix app killing 

Command 1
adb shell
pm disable-user
com.evenwell.powersaving.g3

Command 2
adb shell settings put global
setting.duraspeed.enabled 0

Note - if you reboot your device then you have to run commands given below everytime you reboot

Command 3
setting.duraspeed.enabled 1

Command 4
Thank me later

Comments

• M79 M79
    ✭✭  / 
    Fine.
    Maybe you can try to find solution for my Nokia 5. After update to Pie sound record in camera app is terrible. Smarphone was in service but they only downgraded to Oreo. Problem still persist and nobody cant fix this.
    Cheers.
  • Sagar2603 Sagar2603
     / 
    Thanks it worked
  • Ilham Akbari Ilham Akbari
    ✭✭  / 
    But there's no duraspeed package on 5.1 Plus?
  • Sagar2603 Sagar2603
     / 
    But it worked for me now no app is killed in background even after hours
    I have already used the first command but nothing happened
    But after using 2nd command also my phone is working flawless
  • richie1 richie1
    ✭✭  / 
    Its working flawless,do as instructed
  • shirushi shirushi
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Awesome, I can confirm that it does work. Apps stay in the background and have normal notifications already for almost one day.

The surprising thing to me is that I've tried similar commands before, but this time it works, maybe I missed something before.

Now Nokia should have a concrete target to fix.
  • Shivaay Shivaay
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello there!
    I just have to ask that if i run this command then can my phone get next software update and by running this command it will be remove the power saving app or it just disables it?
    And if it's disables then how to enable it again?
    In addition i have to ask that ev3every time i reboot my device i have to run the last two commands it is necessary?

Thanks for your help!🤗
  • Ogbenisho Ogbenisho
    ✭✭  / 
    Can you explain this in a layman language please.
  • Shamal Muhammed Shamal Muhammed
    ✭✭  / 
    richie1 said:
    Fix for app killing problem

Before you begin-

If you know about CMD and all then read from command 1 or else read this message completely

(((((1. Make sure you have all adb/usb Vcom drivers installed before you start otherwise your phone won't be detected

2. Open the folder where you have adb drivers and do a right click and press shift key with it and click on open command window here.
     Enable usb debugging in your device Then connect your phone to pc  and run command " adb devices " to make sure that your phone is connected))))))

Then run the commands given below to fix app killing 

Command 1
    adb shell
    pm disable-user
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3

Command 2

Note - if you reboot your device then you have to run commands given below everytime you reboot

Command 3
    setting.duraspeed.enabled 1

Command 4
    Thank me later
    God Bless You 🥰
  • Pawan Pal Pawan Pal
    ✭✭  / 
    Command 2
    After writing this and hitting Enter after what message it shows
    Because for me after hitting Enter it doesn't show any message instead of file path
  • richie1 richie1
    ✭✭  / 
    Pawan Pal said:
    Command 2
    After writing this and hitting Enter after what message it shows
    Because for me after hitting Enter it doesn't show any message instead of file path
    It doesn't have to show any message,its working
  • Arvin Hermawan Arvin Hermawan
    ✭✭  / 
    It works fine for me. So far it is already 1 day without background apps killed. I just did only command 1 tho, because command 2 is invalid for 5.1 plus. Thanks. Bless you.
  • himanshus211 himanshus211
    ✭✭  / 
    Can you explain in lay man language,I am a non techie person...can you please help with step by step so that this can be resolved.
    Please...it will very helpful n thanks in advance :)
  • Is there any hit in battery life, by doing this?
  • jadeseal16 jadeseal16
     / 
    How to connect to ADB (for the less tech-savy):
    Perform the following steps on the phone:
    1. Enable developer mode by tapping the build number 5 times
    2. With developer mode enabled, open the developer settings
    3. Enable USB debugging
    4. Connect the phone to the computer
    5. Trust the computer

Perform the following steps on the computer
    1. Download Android SDK (https://developer.android.com/studio#downloads)
    2. Extract
    3. Open cmd, change directory to <extracted sdk>\tools\bin
    4. Run “sdkmanager.bat platform-tools" to install ADB
    5. Change directory to the platform-tools folder
    6. Run “adb.exe devices” to check for any connected devices
    7. Device should show, you can now start running ADB commands
  • Arvin Hermawan Arvin Hermawan
    ✭✭  / 

I will try to elaborate the method as clear and detail as possible. I compiled what I got from this thread and other threads also from the comments. I use this method and it works fine for me.

Activate USB debugging and connect your phone to PC
    1. Click build number 7 times on your phone (settings - system - advance - about phone - build number should be in the very bottom) , therefore you can access developer option.
    2. Open Developer Option and activate Usb Debugging.
    3. Connect your 5.1 Plus to PC.
    4. Wait until it is detected on your PC.

Debugging / insert command
    1. Make sure you have Android SDK Platform-Tools package in your desktop/pc. You can download it here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html
    2. Extract the file you download.
    3. Open the folder you extracted until you find file adb.exe. Don't open it.
    4. Press shift + right click in window explorer background screen.
    5. Choose Open command window here and the cmd screen will appear. (I don't know the name of the screen that appeared, sorry if it was wrong)
    6. Type "adb devices" on that screen to make sure your phone is detected and press enter. Wait for the response until you can type again.
    7. Type "adb shell" and enter. Then type "pm disable-user com.evenwell.powersaving.g3" and wait for the response. And then that's it you can eject your phone and close the window.

Hope it can work well for you as for me. And sorry for my bad english.

• Bsanhueza Bsanhueza
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    I tried everything but nothing work :c fxck update
  • Shivaay Shivaay
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys i have to ask that it will remove the power saveing app or just disable it and if it disable then how to enable agina 
    Plz tell me?🙏
  • Shivaay Shivaay
    ✭✭  / 
    Disabled power saving app but what is i have to enable this app? Any one plz tell me..
  • Showz Showz
    ✭✭  / 

I will try to elaborate the method as clear and detail as possible. I compiled what I got from this thread and other threads also from the comments. I use this method and it works fine for me.

Activate USB debugging and connect your phone to PC
    1. Click build number 7 times on your phone (settings - system - advance - about phone - build number should be in the very bottom) , therefore you can access developer option.
    2. Open Developer Option and activate Usb Debugging.
    3. Connect your 5.1 Plus to PC.
    4. Wait until it is detected on your PC.

Debugging / insert command
    1. Make sure you have Android SDK Platform-Tools package in your desktop/pc. You can download it here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html
    2. Extract the file you download.
    3. Open the folder you extracted until you find file adb.exe. Don't open it.
    4. Press shift + right click in window explorer background screen.
    5. Choose Open command window here and the cmd screen will appear. (I don't know the name of the screen that appeared, sorry if it was wrong)
    6. Type "adb devices" on that screen to make sure your phone is detected and press enter. Wait for the response until you can type again.
    7. Type "adb shell" and enter. Then type "pm disable-user com.evenwell.powersaving.g3" and wait for the response. And then that's it you can eject your phone and close the window.

Hope it can work well for you as for me. And sorry for my bad English. 

I've installed vcom drivers and adb on my PC but adb is not detecting my device.. Win8 hp g6

• Kurniawan Alif Kurniawan Alif
    ✭✭  / 

Why if i type command 2 the word "not found" will appear?

Sorry for my bad english 🙏🙏

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 9

There is no duraspeed in Nokia 5.1 plus. And evenwell was disabled months ago. There is no need for user to do anything.

• shockerash shockerash
    ✭✭  / 

I don't know why or how, but this works. My 5.1+ was suffering from a major memory leak issue, and following the OP's suggestions seem to have solved that issue. Battery life took a little hit, but thats fine by me. Thanks OP, you have my 👍

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

The evenwell apps were disabled by HMD/Nokia last year in an update. No need for user to do anything

• Rick1975 Rick1975
    ✭✭  /  edited April 11

Not totally disabled on my phone

My phone has all updates installed, but still needs the macro solution.

When the macro is set off, I do not receive all notifications

Set ON , it works well.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

If you have the Nokia 5.1 yes you need the duraspeed disabled every reboot. The 5.1 plus get notifications without any need for this. The 32/3gb model. Are you using a 2gb model?

• Rick1975 Rick1975
    ✭✭  / 

My phone is a 5.1+ 3gb. with all updates installed.

The notifications does not work 100% without the macro solution.

Tried many times with macro off, notifications stopped, also with different settings etc.

I hope android 10 will solve this

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hmm I will look at the log files tomorrow and see if notifications are blocked, but seem to get all of them without any incident. What macro are you using? And what are you stopping from running ? Which apps are you seeing notification issues with ?

• jaykay jaykay
    ✭✭  / 

Even the macros don't solve all issues completely. Trying to stream video via WiFi to my samsung tv and some bloat **** keeps killing the process. Why do they even brand these as Android one? Scammers of the first order. No point in having an android if it's like this.

• Rick1975 Rick1975
    ✭✭  / 

I use macrodroid

Set OFF , the notifications from Outlook, Bluemail, Whatsapp, Peugeot-app all are killed when the app is not openend.

The macro works for me.

the phone is now without issues.