My Nokia 7 Plus is screwed up after April Security Update

Hi, Just wondering if anyone is having the same kind of issues as me. It seems to be since the Google update for April.

My Nokia 7 Plus is screwed up after April Security Update

user1516567841177 user1516567841177
✭✭  / 
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is having the same kind of issues as me. It seems to be since the Google update for April. Now some apps just stop on the splash-screen, all live wallpapers refuse to work and lag the phone unless I stop the app. I have uninstalled several apps. Also the installation process stalls at 100% and apps like Skype, Kick etc just plain refuse to work since the update. It's a disaster. I also have several apps which are chromecast compatible, and since the update, it is pot luck whether they will work or not. I'm convinced this is a software issue as there are still several apps working perfectly normally. 

Anyone else having similar problems?

Comments

• user1534454875460 user1534454875460
    ✭✭  / 
    Bro Nokia 7 plus is just a bullshit you know ,,, what will u expect ,, when an upper mid range phone starts lagging like a 7k rs phone ,,, even with such great hardware and specifications,,,, bro throw that phone and get a new one like xaomi or others .... 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I agree it sounds like a bug in the latest update. Have you checked the 7+ forum to see if anyone else has the same problem? It sounds like a complicated issue so support may have some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and find the root cause: https://www.nokia.com/phones/locale/support
    Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers :)
  • ScreamingBird ScreamingBird
    ✭✭  / 
    @user1516567841177 How did you get on?

Nokia will have to unlock the bootloaders to allow devs to remedy issues, or sink unfortunately.