Is Really a Problematic Phone- Nokia 8 sirocco why me.

I bought Nokia 8 Sirocco on 30-March-19,with in three days i noticed there is a Display dent under the Screen,I requested for DOA for complete box replacement but it is denied got the Handset replacement.Submitted on 04-April-19 to Nokia Care and after so much delay and reasons i got the replacement on 18-May-19.Now again this replaced New 8 sirocco started charging issue,it is not charging from 24-May-19.Now today 27-May-19 the service center said can't service only they can do replacement.Finally i had this mobile with me only 16 days that's it Problem-Problem-Problem.

Is Really a Problematic Phone- Nokia 8 sirocco why me.

semaraju semaraju
✭✭  / 
I bought Nokia 8 Sirocco on 30-March-19,with in three days i noticed there is a Display dent under the Screen,I requested for DOA for complete box replacement but it is denied got the Handset replacement.Submitted on 04-April-19 to Nokia Care and after so much delay and reasons i got the replacement on 18-May-19.Now again this replaced New 8 sirocco started charging issue,it is not charging from 24-May-19.Now today 27-May-19 the service center said can't service only they can do replacement.Finally i had this mobile with me only 16 days that's it Problem-Problem-Problem.
As a Nokia Fan1) I'm Loosing Confident on the Brand and Product. 2) No Proper support from HMD global Nokia.2) i'm loosing my warranty days because of this replacement process (i don't know will they give my warranty days back because of Nokia delay).
Finally will Nokia make me Happy customer i don't know.

by
Rajkumar.s :neutral:
Tagged:

Comments

• Ruan Maree Ruan Maree
    ✭✭  / 
    I also have a small under display bulge top right part of the screen, however it's not visible when the screen is on or off during everyday use however if you really look for it under certain light conditions with the screen off it can be seen. I was also considering taking the phone in but I don't want to sit without a phone for long period while they figure out if they are going to replace it or not. And then risk that the replacement unit might have even worse problems than just a screen bulge. There is no colour distorsion so guess I'll just live with it. 
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this under display problem but it is rather worrying that it happened in the first place 
  • Are you serious?...
    It is the same for SGS6/7 edge, S8/9/10 because it is the technology....
    You see, amoleds are not like lcds.
    Also, curved amoleds, like the ones in Samsungs top of the line phones and our Sirocco, are plastic and very thin sheets of phosphorous deposits that react when energy is applyed on each pixel. 
    So, because of the bended plastic sheet, you will see some artefacts or uneven surfaces when looked in direct sunlight. But it is the technology and not a defect.
    Also, because of the curved glass, discolorations at the curved surfaces are ok, just because of the refraction... 
    So, study a little on wiki before you make absurd questions.
    No offence! Cheers!.
    L.e.: I posted some time a disassembled display of an SGS6 edge, just to make that clear. 
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    semaraju said:
    As a Nokia Fan1) I'm Loosing Confident on the Brand and Product. 2) No Proper support from HMD global Nokia.2) i'm loosing my warranty days because of this replacement process (i don't know will they give my warranty days back because of Nokia delay).
    Finally will Nokia make me Happy customer i don't know.

by
    Rajkumar.s :neutral:
    Sadly, you are not alone.
  • semaraju semaraju
    ✭✭  / 
    I got my replacement phone back,it's working fine.Nokia 8 Sirocco does not having of service only replacement.so if anything happens after warranty then it's nightmare.**** will best worth of
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    semaraju said:
    by
    Rajkumar.s 
    Hilarious, you even signed it. 🤣🤣🤣

Btw, no dent, no bulge, no nothin' on
    the screen of my unit. 
  • Meghna Meghna
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine too. I bought Nokia Sirocco. After 1 year and 1 month, the screen is gone, with no fall, no scratches... Nothing. When showed it to Nokia service centre, they refused to take it & asked me to pay 29k for a replacement.... Seriously!!
  • aadimehta aadimehta
     / 
    Yes same here. Nokia service sucks. I bought Nokia 8 Sirocco and in 15 months they are saying it cannot be repaired and the replacement is expensive(asked Rs -20,256) then buying another good phone. Will not recommend Nokia to anyone. It is available at a cheaper rate if replacement option is used at flipkart -

https://www.flipkart.com/search?q=nokia+8+sirocco&sid=tyy,4io&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=AS_QueryStore_OrganicAutoSuggest_0_6_na_na_pr&otracker1=AS_QueryStore_OrganicAutoSuggest_0_6_na_na_pr&as-pos=0&as-type=RECENT&suggestionId=nokia+8+sirocco&requestId=48d38f07-9ef9-4a3a-bc3b-a3540bf78537&as-searchtext=Sirocc
  • Nishant211 Nishant211
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not a mobile a it's only a dark spot on the name of Nokia.The designer of this handset is one of the fool person on this entire world who never think of quality and never think of Nokia fans who love to use Nokia how can Nokia launch something which is so expensive without quality check I replaced my Sirocco two times by paying around 23000 in Service centre and again it got damaged and also my earphone lost and now I'm not getting its earphone in any market

Thank you so much Nokia for launching this worst product in Market
  • rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 
    I love my Sirocco. I've owned about 30 different handsets and the Sirocco is as good as any of them.