Nokia sound recorder with (modded) ozo support.

I came across a Nokia sound recorder app on XDA that has been tweaked to work with surround sound recordings.

Nokia sound recorder with (modded) ozo support.

VicOS VicOS
✭✭  / 
I came across a Nokia sound recorder app on XDA that has been tweaked to work with surround sound recordings. It's intended for the Nokia 7plus but it works fine on my 8.
Not sure if it uses all the mics yet - have to do some testing.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/themes/mod-nokia-recorder-ozo-support-t3917232

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm also not sure about the surround processing but it's stable on my Nokia 8, not just for voice, also for noise and music (in high quality AAC mode).
    The 30 second sample from a late night blues jam was recorded with the screen down sitting at the bar to the right of the stage. The stereo phase wobbles somewhat but it's not bad for a bootleg recording:
    --
    Hans
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Complete with the Nokia 8 clicky clickness.🙉
  • hoc hoc
    ✭✭  / 
    I 'see' any 'click-clat' noises sometimes in the recordings using the Nokia Ozo mode as something like if an excessively higher performance amplifier is connected to a pair of relatively inferior ear phones or speakers i.e. the output device simply cannot handle the entire range of signal fed to it so the input comes out outputed as such noises ?
    So perhaps if they had tuned the signal down somewhat then such noises won't have been obvious enough to be heard ?!?

Any case, i'm not implying the stock ear phones / phone speaker on the Nokia 7+ or Nokia 8 are 'no good'...not @ all as from my own experiences using this moded app on my 2 Nokia phones above to record vehicle engine & driving sounds, actually i find the quality of the recorded audio EXCELLENT & so real & lively it's like actually being there...excellent wide dynamic range reproduction although as i mentioned above, i suspect they 'set' the sensitivity bit too 'strong' that (sometimes only) some relatively minor 'click-clats' are detected ?

Overall even though it's not default stock app, that modded Nokia app is nevertheless probably THE best audio recording app around currently for Nokia phones with Ozo audio capabilities i'll have to say ? 

• hoc hoc
    ✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    I'm also not sure about the surround processing but it's stable on my Nokia 8, not just for voice, also for noise and music (in high quality AAC mode).
    The 30 second sample from a late night blues jam was recorded with the screen down sitting at the bar to the right of the stage. The stereo phase wobbles somewhat but it's not bad for a bootleg recording:
    --
    Hans
    Not bad quality...quite good !
    I use that moded app on my Nokias 7+ & 8 to record vehicle road trip sounds...it turns out very real & lively indeed, when played on my regular sized bigger hi-fi speakers the low, mid & high notes overall are very accurately reproduced !