General tips for better user experience.

I found out some things about this phone that everyone using it should need to know.

General tips for better user experience.

I found out some things about this phone that everyone using it should need to know.

1. The Nokia 2.1 is running a 32bit build of Android, that means that arm64 apps eg:= Newest version of Google cam. Cannot work on this phone. Itll be impossible to port them. A software update could possible fix this.

2. The camera FIRMWARE is weak and is not capable. The camera app is even worse. The Google camera app that I is posted  the best pictures that are possible to take with this.

3. The CPU governor. is set to performance. So the battery life will needlessly become short.

4. The evenwell bloat is extra and it is not needed. I disabled all of them for two months now and my phone is working better now. **** it is even faster than before.

5. The default launcher is memory intensive. Switch to the Sony Xperia launcher or Holo launcher. They have best stability.

6. No root firewall app is recommended if you're privacy conscious.

7. For a browser do NOT use Chrome. It is extremely ram intensive. Use Via browser in playstore.
Plus update webview in playstore as well.

8. Google photos is slow as a gallery. Install Simple gallery from the playstore. Or a version of Quick pic from XDA.

That's all. I'm sure that Nokia is purposefully making their low end phones with sub par software to push users into buying more expensive models.
They even refuse to give us root access and bootloader unlocking keys. If we had that access all of these problems would be avoidable.

Comments

• ConStip ConStip
     / 
    You are so right this phone is a dog and runs slower than my first motog....do not buy...slowest phone ever made
  • Lyngdoh Lyngdoh
    ✭✭  / 
    does nokia 2.1 support pubg game or not