Video Playback Stutters

Hi Peeps,  I am using Nokia 7 Plus mobile. After pie update am experiencing video playback Stutters after taken video from Camera.

Video Playback Stutters

Kar1312 Kar1312 ✭✭
✭✭  / 
Hi Peeps, 

I am using Nokia 7 Plus mobile. After pie update am experiencing video playback Stutters after taken video from Camera. And the video stops playing too at times. Is there any way to clear this stutter. Please do the needful. Thanks a ton ahead.
Tagged:

Comments

• johnnydel johnnydel
     / 
    I am experiencing the same error here
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Which app are you using for playback? If it's the camera app then I suggest you try clearing the camera cache in the app settings. If that doesn't work then try a soft reboot: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers :)
  • Kar1312 Kar1312 ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited June 1
    I've tried and am not using any app for playback. Just camera app itself am playbacking videos . But the same issue appears. Still the video playback Stutters of all mobile camera videos. Is there any other solution available or else resetting the phone will clear it out.?

Thanks a ton ahead...
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It may be a bug with the video playback software in the camera app, but not a problem with how the videos are recorded. Try opening your videos in Google Photos or VideoLAN, or some other well-known player which will probably have better playback algorithms than the HMD camera app, and see if you have problems in those apps.
  • Kar1312 Kar1312 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Yeah me too thinking of like that kind of bug issues only. Hope they will fix it in coming updates... Video stutters not happening playing in PC , laptop or in VideoLAN softwares. I am opening in Google photos itself for the videos, that's where it stutters. I don't usually use third party apps for video playback. Below is the screenshot of the video kind of squeezes when I try to play the video playback from the camera app / Google photos itself. 

Thanks a ton ahead
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 4
    Hi @Kar1312, that does look strange... I haven't had that problem. Did you try with VLC on your phone? Maybe there is a problem with the camera app you have. My app is version 86.9.1130.91, but I don't think it's necessarily correct because it says it was installed from the Play Store, but from what I understand the camera app now gets deployed via OTA updates. What version do you have?
    EDIT - I just realised you have a 7+, not the same as me (8). It's probably best to ask about this in the 7+ forum :)
  • Kar1312 Kar1312 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Currently My camera version is 91.9.1150.90 . Installed VLC and it's working just fine and smooth. Its only the camera app creating this stutter thing. 

Anyhow thanks for the timely reply mate. Sure i would ask the same in Nokia 7plus forum. 

Thanks a lot and wish u all success and good health...
  • madbilly madbilly ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks @Kar1312, you too :smiley: