Night mode!

Hi all, HMD have teased on Twitter what appears to be "night mode", more commonly known as low-light photography.

Night mode!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
HMD have teased on Twitter what appears to be "night mode", more commonly known as low-light photography. This is something which thousands of people have been asking for so it's great that HMD seem to be going to announce this soon.
My question is: Which phones will get this feature and when? :grey_question:
I hope that it's brought to at least all of the phones with ZEISS lenses and all of the phones which have the Pro mode in the camera app.
Cheers :smiley:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If I'd have to make a guess, only the phone on which this will be announced and the upcoming ones. They will not backport it to the existing devices 🙂

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I agree with @singhnsk. It's really unreasonable to expect more from HMD after all those empty promises before but still I will stay hopeful that this feature will be available for at least phones with Zeiss Lens eventually like you said.

But my guess would be Nokia 9 Pureview for sure getting the night mode feature probably the same day. I have no idea about other previous devices. And, of course the upcoming devices for sure.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Let's hope that they provide this feature at least to Nokia 8.1 but without any sort of bug :D 
    Is any information that they provide this feature with android Q? 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    With auto scene detection, the night mode does work to some extent already on the 8.1.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If they announce this it will almost certainly be for phones running Android 9.
    @singhnsk is right, because the 8.1 already has the best camera hardware for low-light photos (big aperture, big sensor and OIS... it's as close to a true PureView as HMD have made so far).
    @wilson shrestha you're right, if they don't release this for the 9PV it will confirm everything we suspect about how HMD treat their flagships! :D
    Cheers :)
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It would be great if all phones get it, third party apps like Open Camera have "night mode" features so there shouldn't be hardware reasons to restrict it unless HMD is doing something new.

Given how the previous camera update was rolled out though, it'll likely be Zeiss exclusive.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    So now we know what it was. It was "Low light image fusion" technology or something like that, according to Nokiamob and XDA. The 2.2 is not a ZEISS phone, so I imagine that if this technology is worth adding to other current phones they will. However, I doubt it's much use on the higher spec phones anyway.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    So now we know what it was. It was "Low light image fusion" technology or something like that, according to Nokiamob and XDA. The 2.2 is not a ZEISS phone, so I imagine that if this technology is worth adding to other current phones they will. However, I doubt it's much use on the higher spec phones anyway.
    Yeah but is it really that good though. We first need to find out if this "low light image fusion" feature works as intended. Probably we should wait for some legit reviews from the users when the device goes on sale.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @wilson shrestha, yes only trusted reviews will tell us.
    Cheers :)
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hope this " Low Light Image Fusion" technology comes to Nokia 8.1. Recently, I am just in aww with its camera. It has great potential in taking low light shots. Hope we get this through an update soon