Fingerprints get deleted

Since last update, I loose my saved fingerprints after every reboot or power off. Is anyone else having this issue? Please help.

Fingerprints get deleted

jesil jesil
✭✭  / 
Since last update, I loose my saved fingerprints after every reboot or power off. Is anyone else having this issue? Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• jesil jesil
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone else? I'm tired of registering fingerprints after reboots and power offs.
  • user1523277750305 user1523277750305
    ✭✭  / 
    me too fingerprint deleted
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't know what I'm doing different, but I've never had the finger prints disappear. Ever.
    It asks for the password every so often, but once entered, works fine unlocking with finger prints after that.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have also not experienced this problem, but maybe I'm not using my phone in the same way as those who are. I very rarely let battery go below 20% and most of the time it's above 40%. I can reboot without losing prints, hard reboots (holding down power and vol) and safe mode reboots are also fine. Note that I did not update to Android 9 until it got to 5.150.
    Cheers :)
  • parabnileshs parabnileshs
    ✭✭  / 
    jesil said:
    Anyone else? I'm tired of registering fingerprints after reboots and power offs

This is because of faulty battery. Goto service centre and replace the batery.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8
    @Jivko Antonov  and others,
    I'm unable to replicate the missing fingerprint issue on my phone.
    Test scenario and result:
    At 15% power, play some Youtube videos for ~30 minutes to drain the battery until 5% remaining power. Next, take some pictures and browse the Internet until 3% left. Call the dentist and make an appointment, enter the appointment in the calendar. Leave the screen on until the phone shut itself down.
    Plug in the wall charger. Let it sit for a minute or two until the recharge icon shows 2% power. Start up the phone, enter the SIM PIN when prompted, tap the fingerprint reader, enter the phone PIN when prompted as usual after a restart.
    Lock the phone, and fingerprint unlock works as usual at less than 5% charge.
    There's no further trust agents and unlock methods defined on my phone, just the SIM and phone PINs and one fingerprint. The Google app is disabled, but it's set up with a Google account and with location, mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. always on, if that matters.
    Dial *#*#372733#*#* for the Android FQC self test menu. In the Battery Information Test on my phone the Battery health is Good and the battery voltage is 3600-3700mV at 3-5% remaining power. It probably shuts off around 3500mV (which is plenty to shut off clean).
    On Nokia Symbian phones I'm used to get a handful of 'boing' audible notifications and an on-screen notification that the phone is going to shut down now.
    For the developers to maybe consider:
    * Nokia 8 with Android Pie does its regular low-power shutdown without visual or audible notifications - there is no way for the user to know if the phone shuts down clean or dirty.
    * /vendor/app/PowerOffAlarm system app version 9 is installed and active - but it has never sent any notifications on my TA-1012 hardware version 3.1
    --
    Hans
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @user389 what it describe is how I recall my phone behaving. I have an almost identical setup. I also don't recall ever seeing the power off alarm.
    Cheers :)
  • Mohammad Mustafa Mohammad Mustafa
    ✭✭  / 
  • Anup01 Anup01
    ✭✭  / 
    My Nokia 5 1 Plus does not have the fingerprint option after the latest update. so what can I do for this?
  • Yes but just for a time i resave my fingerprint not gonna happen again
  • user1540973094983 user1540973094983
    ✭✭  / 
    I've had this problem.
  • ChakraMan ChakraMan
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/jdan">jdan</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><div>Workaround: see this comment</div><div>https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/107934/#Comment_107934
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    This doesn't help. I'm able to add the fingerprints back but that's not the point.

The fingerprints shouldn't disappear and the user shouldn't need to be adding them back. Other android phones don't need such a thing. Fingerprints must be working all the time unless the user performs a factory reset. 
  • ChakraMan ChakraMan
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/user389">user389</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><div>@Jivko Antonov  and others,</div><div>I'm unable to replicate the missing fingerprint issue on my phone.</div><div>Test scenario and result:
    At 15% power, play some Youtube videos for ~30 minutes to drain the battery until 5% remaining power. Next, take some pictures and browse the Internet until 3% left. Call the dentist and make an appointment, enter the appointment in the calendar. Leave the screen on until the phone shut itself down.
    Plug in the wall charger. Let it sit for a minute or two until the recharge icon shows 2% power. Start up the phone, enter the SIM PIN when prompted, tap the fingerprint reader, enter the phone PIN when prompted as usual after a restart.
    Lock the phone, and fingerprint unlock works as usual at less than 5% charge.</div><div>There's no further trust agents and unlock methods defined on my phone, just the SIM and phone PINs and one fingerprint. The Google app is disabled, but it's set up with a Google account and with location, mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. always on, if that matters.
    </div><div>Dial <b>*#*#372733#*#*</b> for the Android FQC self test menu. In the Battery Information Test on my phone the Battery health is <b>Good</b> and the battery voltage is <b>3600-3700mV</b> at 3-5% remaining power. It probably shuts off around 3500mV (which is plenty to shut off clean).
    </div><div>On Nokia Symbian phones I'm used to get a handful of 'boing' audible notifications and an on-screen notification that the phone is going to shut down now.</div><div>For the developers to maybe consider:
    </div><div>* Nokia 8 with Android Pie does its regular low-power shutdown without visual or audible notifications - there is no way for the user to know if the phone shuts down clean or dirty.
    * /vendor/app/PowerOffAlarm system app version 9 is installed and active - but it has never sent any notifications on my TA-1012 hardware version 3.1</div><div>--
    Hans
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    Just restart the phone, it flushes the fingerprints. 
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why not just wait a few more minutes until the battery is charged to an acceptable level.
    Why the need to turn it back on at 2% ?

This is probably why I have never had this  problem.
    Very rarely run the phone to zero, and most of the time it gets at least 30 mins charge which puts it at 50%.
  • I am facing the same issue☹️☹️
  • potemkin_redux potemkin_redux
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am facing the same issue☹️☹️
    We all do. HMD doesn't care.
  • twomm twomm
    ✭✭  / 
    Had the issue, too, after phone went down to 7% battery.
    After charging and restarting I could add the prints back - but not before :(
    very annoying