Share your thoughts on the Pie update for Nokia 3 - Page 2

(Quote) Could be because the new machine learning and also the OS optimizing the apps and stuff for the new update.

Share your thoughts on the Pie update for Nokia 3

Comments

• Piipperi Piipperi ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    boblu said:
    Yes agree with battery drain fast as well as charging time increased🤔🤔🤔

HMD what are you doing.....??
    Pls. Add screen mirroring option...like other nokia phone.
    No use of wifi direct for me.

Could be because the new machine learning and also the OS optimizing the apps and stuff for the new update. Just wait like a week and it should be all good
  • bernd bernd ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    If the software quality of the Pie update for N3 is the same as it was for N5,6,8 (e.g. tons of bugs - heavy battery drain is just one of the bugs) - try to get a refund! If not possible, throw this piece of **** against the wall and never buy a Nokia phone again.

Today they announced a new devive, the Nokia 2.2! Be sure that it will also get worse over time. HMD failed because
    1. No bootloader unlock procedure
    2. No firmware files for downloading and installation via ADB sideload or Android recovery
    3. No communication to customers at all - this forum here is a joke
  • Ya llevo 2 días desde que lo actualice, y no encuentro errores, tiene mejor fluidez que 8.1, mejor rendimiento, Excelente. 👍
  • user1519056588724 user1519056588724 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Still no pie update, South Africa
  • Clarence John Ivar Casabar Clarence John Ivar Casabar ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    I have already updated to Android Pie on Nokia 3 and I haven't found any bug yet.
    After the Android 9 update, my flashlight isn't working right. There are times where I am able to use it, and there are times when I am unable to. Tried to restart my nokia 3, hoping that it would work again, but it seems that isn't the solution. You'll just have to wait for it to work again. :( And now I'm left with it not working. 
  • bernd bernd ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Just checked again for the Pie update which was announced 5 days ago. Still no update available. HDM is making fun with us customers, the announcement was 
    obviously just a PR gag, advertising, fake news. I'll give it up now, R.I.P. HMD.
  • user1527080262492 user1527080262492 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    No pie update yet here in srilanka
  • Don't download please 
    It has lots of bugs :'(
    Performance is very slow
    Photos app has gone crazy automatically saving screenshots and other thumbnails..
    Notifications have bugs
    Recent apps previews forgets showing app icons..,I got two photos app open simultaneously
    I don't know what's goin' on with my phone
  • Sayan Bhar Sayan Bhar ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Don't download please 
    Performance is very slow
    Photos app has gone crazy automatically saving screenshots and other thumbnails..
    Notifications have bugs
    Recent apps previews forgets showing app icons..,I got two photos app open simultaneously
    Try to Factory Reset Your Phone
  • abrahamp abrahamp ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    odd, my battery life became better, but there's a bug with the screen on time, when you restart the device, it will reset. In this case, the real screen on time is about 3 hours
  • user1530895056526 user1530895056526 ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited June 8
    Don't download please 
    Performance is very slow
    Notifications have bugs

Sorry ,user1542565189712 , I had not found anything like that... 
        Look Android 9 is something like AI, it needs time to learn ur preference , and don't expect ur device for heavy usage also and always clean apps from the recent apps when ur not using an app, that's it 😁
  • Rivin Rivin
     / 
    Pie was launched in the 3rd it's the 8th and still nothing for RSA. :neutral: I hope it will come on Monday but I don't have much hope for it 
    ✭✭  / 
    Rivin said:
    Pie was launched in the 3rd it's the 8th and still nothing for RSA. :neutral: I hope it will come on Monday but I don't have much hope for it 
    Use VPN mode bro I also updated my phone using this method in srilanka
    ✭✭  / 
    In pie update animations are very smooth not laggy good update I like that
  • Rivin Rivin
     / 
    Rivin said:
    Tried several times and it doesn't work. 
    ✭✭  / 
    Rivin said:
    Rivin said:
    You have to clear data in system apps too
    ✭✭  / 
    Rivin said:
    Rivin said:

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have already updated to Android Pie on Nokia 3 and I haven't found any bug yet.
    After the Android 9 update, my flashlight isn't working right. There are times where I am able to use it, and there are times when I am unable to. Tried to restart my nokia 3, hoping that it would work again, but it seems that isn't the solution. You'll just have to wait for it to work again. :( And now I'm left with it not working. 
    As others have already pointed, you should try factory resetting your device. Its generally a good thing to factory reset the device each time there is a major android upgrade.

Note that factory resetting will delete all your data on your phone so don't forget to backup your important data before you factory reset your device.
  • Mushroom Mushroom ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    VPN worked for me!
    ✭✭  / 
    A week later and still no Pie update in South Africa. I'm tired of waiting. If I update with VPN through India, will I still be able to get the update for my region in South Africa?
    ✭✭  / 
    Finally the pie update is available in South Africa check for updates. Downloaded and installed last night. Did a factory reset as well to start a fresh. Gonna take my Nokia 3 for a test today. 
  • Rivin Rivin
     / 
    Finally in South Africa! Finally have pie! 
  • cedricpah cedricpah ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi,

There is no more acces to mtk engineering app ! I need that, i need "locking band" and "network selecting" to "4G Only" ! How can I have that working ? Is it possible to rollback to androïd 8.1 ?

Thank you !
  • abrahamp abrahamp ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    What kind of sorcery is this? 32 hours of battery life with 4 hours SoT? 🤯 It seems that it's getting better and better.
    ✭✭  / 
    i got more than 3 hours of screen on time with mobile data on in the whole time. More than 13 hours of battery life. This is awesome I never experienced this time of battery performance with 8.1 Oreo. And my over heating issues we're fixed. Phone works smoothly. App open time little bit quicker now. Animations are very smooth. Now I have plenty of reasons to use this phone. Thank you Nokia well optimized os for lower end hardware.
  • cedricpah cedricpah ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">cedricpah</a> said:,
    Hi</div></blockquote><blockquote class="Quote"><div>
    There is no more acces to mtk engineering app ! I need that, i need "locking band" and "network selecting" to "4G Only" ! How can I have that working ? Is it possible to rollback to androïd 8.1 ?

Thank you !</div>
    </blockquote>
    On xda forum someone give me *#*#46362*#* code. It could lock 4g only 3g only 2g only, only on SIM1. It's better than nothing but can't lock specific band like b28 b3. Other ways?
  • cedricpah cedricpah ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Sorry, right code is *#*#4636#*#*
    ✭✭  / 
    Love my N3. Battery life very good on my phone took my phone to work today on 29% battery life and it survived the whole day. Was sending whatsapps and browsing web. Got home now and my battery is on 15%. The animations are smooth and the new dark theme is great.
  • rpmcruz rpmcruz
     / 
    I like it a lot. It's pretty cool to have a lot of machine learning power built into your phone.

The only thing that doesn't work for me and my girlfriend is the flashlight button. It's grayed-out. Weird.
  • I couldn't found any accessibility menu after updating with pie.
    Can anybody tell me how to activate it on nokia 3,5,6 or 8?