Payments without installed GPay

Is it possible to pay in a shops using NFC without installed GPay app now? It was possible early in May for example. But now it not working.

Payments without installed GPay

alexium 67 alexium 67
✭✭  /  edited June 3
Is it possible to pay in a shops using NFC without installed GPay app now? It was possible early in May for example. But now it not working. Nothing happens when I try to pay at shops. I tried many terminals in different shops.

And even other phone with special card reader tool can't detect my GPay phone. But after GPay app installation that tool detects "card" properly.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    There needs to be some app which will talk to the terminal and serve the payment instruction. If not Google pay, then some other app. But some should be used.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4
    It's very strange but I did all my NFC payments without any app. Until now.

I think some elements of GPay was embedded in our system before May update. Now it's need GPay to be installed as a app.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You might be right. Still, if you'd have an answer, where did you save your card information and how if your phone didn't have the Google Pay app? Was the information previously saved to your Google account?
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4
    In Settings > Google was the menu item Google Pay. It advices to install app or add a payment method / card. I did it early. And used this "card" in the local shops. Then problem have appeared. Nothing happened when I moved phone to the terminal. Different terminals in different shops. I started some tests and found this solution - install the app.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I see, then most likely Google spinned off payments entirely as a seperate app as compared to the limited support it was offering esrlier. I guess that makes sense 🙂
    Good find brother.
  • harcerzyk 123 harcerzyk 123
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't know how is You bank account app working but I didn't have any problems with adding in my bank account app NFC payment. Eventually what I've seen even after factory reset in my daughters nokia 5 the app GPay was in system. I haven't installed it, it was on place after May security patch.