Idea - How about a multi-color notifications light around the power key?!

The power key is a nice placement for an LED light since we are pushing towards a full-display design. Now that it is there, how about taking it one step ahead?

Idea - How about a multi-color notifications light around the power key?!

singhnsk singhnsk
✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 4
The power key is a nice placement for an LED light since we are pushing towards a full-display design. Now that it is there, how about taking it one step ahead? NokiaMobile's Twitter page was today promoting the Nokia 4.2 with a short animation, and something stuck my mind.

The image shows notifications from different apps, and that's probably too much for a single color to handle. So, instead of having a single color (white) in the LED embedded into the power key, how about having a rainbow of color options?
Advantages of doing that are many. Apart from looking cool and modern, it will really help in identifying notifications without touching the phone! Like on my OnePlus, I was able to choose which notifications should ignite the red LED, and which green or blue, I'd like a similar implementation in a future Nokia phone.

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yup you're right. This will be truly awesome if implemented in the right way. Full screens display are not so far away so this is the best place to put a notification LED on a smartphone as of now. 
  • On God On God
     / 
    How about Google's type of font on Android One phones