Monthly updates

I got my new Nokia 6.1. When I connected it to my WiFi network it started downloading security update after security update. My question is?

Monthly updates

I got my new Nokia 6.1. When I connected it to my WiFi network it started downloading security update after security update. My question is? Are these updates incremental?

Comments

• @user1519056588724
    Hello,after purchase of New device irrespective of release date will opt to download the updates for keeping in Latest Security Patches.
    It doesn't mean to force you but it's essential for Giving you a good and smooth experience.
  • yes I know. What I'm saying is I got my phone in April 2019 and it downloaded security updates from Jan, why not just download the most recent security update. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    **  / 
    yes I know. What I'm saying is I got my phone in April 2019 and it downloaded security updates from Jan, why not just download the most recent security update. 
    Hi, most Android One updates will move month by month because a full package is not rolled. Yes, these updates are incremental, and the March one will only install when you have the February one. Similarly, April will install when you have the March one. It all depends on which version was flashed by the factory and when the device was manufactured.
    In between, if there are any issues or if there is a major update rollout, there will be full packages which does not need to complete incremental updates. For example, if you buy an old stock phone with Android 8.1 out of the box, it will skip all Android 8 updates and directly update to Android 9. After that, it will continue with the monthly updates.