Do Nokia users like Nokia 2.2

What do you think ? Is mediatek helio A22 sufficient to use until 2021.

Do Nokia users like Nokia 2.2

nishitkohli nishitkohli
✭✭  / 
What do you think ? Is mediatek helio A22 sufficient to use until 2021. Personally I do feel that 6999/- is a good price if someone wants regular updates and don't want to spend more 💰 money😉

Comments

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Personally I don't like it but its a good for 6999 INR who doesnot want to spend much on phone. I personally like Nokia 5, 6 and 7 series phone. Currently using Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 5.1 plus.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nishitkohli
    Hello,As per specification missing Qualcomm chipset will make slight disappointing but still this chipset is quite good to go.also with 2/3GB variants at that price sounds pretty good for a Entry level Android One device. Even for Games Like PUBG also play well which is Good Option.In all Aspect It's good for buying.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi all,
    The new 2.2 meets the minimum requirements for Android Enterprise Recommended I think, so long as you choose the 32GB version, so this means that it should be an adequate spec phone to use until at least 2021. https://www.android.com/enterprise/recommended/requirements/#!#knowledge-workers-devices
    Cheers :)

• ruka ruka
    ✭✭  / 
    price.... shape.... but back design 50%..... 
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think the entry level phones that HMD put out are ecellent value. I think it is the flagships HMD struggle with. 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ₹6999 and ₹7999 in India is an introductory price for a limited period for Nokia 2.2. It's actual price is around ₹7699 for 2/16 variant and ₹8699 for 3/32.

It is another overpriced Nokia phone. Better buy Nokia 5.1 Plus at ₹7999 during offers. Dual rear camera, full glass back, Mediatek Helio P60. Will last you to 2021 or even more if you want to. 

Don't buy Nokia 2.2, it may receive updates but the processor won't be able to handle the heavy OS updates and will face lags in future.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    I think the entry level phones that HMD put out are ecellent value. I think it is the flagships HMD struggle with. 
    Not in India, except for Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 5.1 Plus, each and every Nokia smartphones is overpriced. Nokia still have to learn about customer satisfaction. Just the Android One programme for updates is not enough
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    Not in India, except for Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 5.1 Plus, each and every Nokia smartphones is overpriced. Nokia still have to learn about customer satisfaction. Just the Android One programme for updates is not enough
    I agree. They need to implement alot according to costumer's needs and wants. 
    Make it less buggy.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Looks like HMD is doing some discount business here too.See the below screenshot How they put two prices and striking out the main price to tell there are giving it less

✭✭✭✭  / 
    And Software Updates,They are not so good in these as everyone can see that with every security updates some of the functionalities were going wrong and ,Nokia 8-God knows what sin does HMD have done still facing problems and no solutions and most worst device in the history of HMD is releasing Nokia 2. Nokia 2.2 when looking at this priced every one can guess it will come with Mediatek chipset because Nokia 2 and 2.1 comes with Qualcomm chipset and their price was high when compared to this smartphone.If this continues then HMD will face a tough situation in mobile marketing.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ₹6999 and ₹7999 in India is an introductory price for a limited period for Nokia 2.2. It's actual price is around ₹7699 for 2/16 variant and ₹8699 for 3/32.

It is another overpriced Nokia phone. Better buy Nokia 5.1 Plus at ₹7999 during offers. Dual rear camera, full glass back, Mediatek Helio P60. Will last you to 2021 or even more if you want to. 

Don't buy Nokia 2.2, it may receive updates but the processor won't be able to handle the heavy OS updates and will face lags in future.
    The introductory price will become the actual retail price after a month as buyers tend to bargain. So, I think the price will further go down and won't increase. These prices are just for the Nokia Mobile shop and the actual price in stores is always less.

Check Nokia 3.2 price on amazon. It is already available for Rs.9999 for 3+32 which is lower than the price mentioned on Nokia's own website.

The problem is Chinese brands have ruined the mentality of ours. We think every phone to be overpriced if it is priced higher than the Chinese smartphones. This is not true. It also depends on the user's needs. Not everyone wants to play pubg or heavy games on their phones. Nokia 5.1 plus is old and hence they give massive discounts during sales just for stock clearance. 

Nokia 2.2 is a good phone for a basic user. The price will automatically go down in a few weeks. :)
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 7
    @Kartik Gada
    Nokia 5.1 Plus is old yes. So??? Still a better buy than many other phones at this time.
    Nokia 2.2 is a good phone but is it value for money ????

A basic user doesn't need phone for gaming. But that doesn't mean he want a phone that will hang in future. Processor is heart of a phone and Nokia mostly seems to compromise. Even Nokia 8.1 hangs.

Selling point of Nokia 2.2 is that it will receive 2 major updates (Q and R). But the hardware should also be that strong to support it well. A quadcore processor Mediatek A22 is gonna get worse in performance due to more load because of updates. 

Nokia 5.1 Plus ---> ₹7999/- During offers
    Nokia 2.2 ---> ₹6999/- (Introductory Price, which will eventually become permanent)

A comparison between Nokia 5.1 Plus, Nokia 4.2, Nokia 2.2

✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Kartik Gada
    Nokia 5.1 Plus is old yes. So??? Still a better buy than many other phones at this time.
    Nokia 2.2 is a good phone but is it value for money ????

A basic user doesn't need phone for gaming. But that doesn't mean he want a phone that will hang in future. Processor is heart of a phone and Nokia mostly seems to compromise. Even Nokia 8.1 hangs.

Selling point of Nokia 2.2 is that it will receive 2 major updates (Q and R). But the hardware should also be that strong to support it well. A quadcore processor Mediatek A22 is gonna get worse in performance due to more load because of updates. 

Nokia 5.1 Plus ---> ₹7999/- During offers
    Nokia 2.2 ---> ₹6999/- (Introductory Price, which will eventually become permanent)

A comparison between Nokia 5.1 Plus, Nokia 4.2, Nokia 2.2

You are comparing it to the present price of an older phone. It is obvious that the price of an older device will reduce over time. The price of Nokia 5.1 Plus goes down to 7999 only during offer days. Even 6.1 was available for 6999 on Flipkart a couple of weeks ago. Nokia 1 was selling for 3.6k and 2.1 was selling for 5k on Flipkart. That's called stock clearance and it is obvious that they will be discounted heavily. At 8k Nokia 5.1 Plus is a solid device but will an offline customer wait for a flipkart sale to buy the 5.1 plus? Is it really worth it to wait for couple of months for a sale and then buy it for 8k? Some might wait but not all.
    Also consider that this phone is targeted at the offline customers and not online. Now compare the specs of this phone with phones available in the offline segment. You will start noticing its value. 😊
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 7
    What i want to tell you is price to performance ratio. 
    Nokia 5.1 Plus a year old device still better at everything at almost the same price.

As for your offline market argument, yes you are right. In offline market, it can be a good buy.

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 5.1 Plus a year old device still better at everything at almost the same price.

As for your offline market argument, yes you are right. In offline market, it can be a good buy.

Yes i got your point about price to performance ratio. But do consider that it is an older device. And that's the reason for its price drops. If we keep comparing prices of older phones then just take a loot at the prices of LG flagships during sales. They are sold cheaper than our 7 plus, 8.1 and the 8 Sirocco. I would buy a latest smartphone as it will be supported for a longer period compared to an older model which is already at the end of its lifecycle. 🙂 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yes i got your point about price to performance ratio. But do consider that it is an older device. And that's the reason for its price drops. If we keep comparing prices of older phones then just take a loot at the prices of LG flagships during sales. They are sold cheaper than our 7 plus, 8.1 and the 8 Sirocco. I would buy a latest smartphone as it will be supported for a longer period compared to an older model which is already at the end of its lifecycle. 🙂 
    Latest phone with a weaker processor than a older phone with a more strong processor ??? That's your choice. If it had a better processor and not Mediatek A22, my votes would have been to Nokia 2.2.

The argument of Nokia 2.2 selling in the offline segment is the only argument I can agree with you.

Just tell me one thing @Kartik Gada  what makes Nokia 2.2 a better choice to you other than being a latest phone (as for the launch date) ???????

A older device with its current pricing if a better choice than the latest one, I would buy that than having a phone which I am confirm to face lags in the future.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Okies @Kartik Gada @singhnsk . Got your points. I agree with some of them. 

@singhnsk  HMD's strategy is just launching new products rather than launching products which are more consumer centric. In India, if NOKIA bring devices at better prices with better specs, companies like Xiaomi,Realme doesn't stand a chance. People will buy Nokia devices without any 2nd thoughts because of the trust on Nokia. But this thing is what Nokia fails to understand.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Latest phone with a weaker processor than a older phone with a more strong processor ??? That's your choice. If it had a better processor and not Mediatek A22, my votes would have been to Nokia 2.2.

The argument of Nokia 2.2 selling in the offline segment is the only argument I can agree with you.

Just tell me one thing @Kartik Gada  what makes Nokia 2.2 a better choice to you other than being a latest phone (as for the launch date) ???????

A older device with its current pricing if a better choice than the latest one, I would buy that than having a phone which I am confirm to face lags in the future.
    Let's compare Nokia 2.2 with Xiaomi. Redmi 6A also has the same A22 processor and sells for 6k which is just 1k less than the Nokia 2.2. For this price, Nokia does offer better design, a removable and customisable back cover, a more modern design, pure android with regular security updates and also comes without ads (Xiaomi earns more revenue from ads than selling their devices. This is how Xiaomi makes a profit and sells devices at a low price).

Nokia 5.1 plus is good and I never denied it. Also, it is priced at 10999 for 3+32 model on Flipkart. So, I don't know why would a person considering to buy a phone worth 7k spend 11k and buy a 5.1 plus. Now coming to offers, they come once in a while and I think people keep waiting for the offers to buy new devices. If that was the case then shops would remain closed for all other days and only open during the festive season.  :D

For me, Nokia 2.2 is the perfect low-end device that HMD has produced till now. This ticks most marketing boxes which people are crazy about. Comes with a small notch at a budget, gets face unlock (fast or not but people are crazy about it), Google assistant button (I am not a fan of this but it is definitely a unique feature and only Nokia 2.2 has it), colourful back panels with glossy design which looks a lot refreshing when compared to similarly priced devices from Mi and others that are available in offline market. Nokia 2.2 will be 1st to get Android Q. Now, you might say that this will affect the performance but I don't think one major update will degrade it to an extent where the phone becomes unusable.

You will buy an older device with better specs. It is you. Not everyone is same na. Nokia 5.1 plus's design pales when I compare it to the Nokia 2.2, 3.2 and 4.2 from the front. And why would one buy an older device which is available at a discount? There are latest devices available online with better specs at competitive prices. :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Let's compare Nokia 2.2 with Xiaomi. Redmi 6A also has the same A22 processor and sells for 6k which is just 1k less than the Nokia 2.2. For this price, Nokia does offer better design, a removable and customisable back cover, a more modern design, pure android with regular security updates and also comes without ads (Xiaomi earns more revenue from ads than selling their devices. This is how Xiaomi makes a profit and sells devices at a low price).

Nokia 5.1 plus is good and I never denied it. Also, it is priced at 10999 for 3+32 model on Flipkart. So, I don't know why would a person considering to buy a phone worth 7k spend 11k and buy a 5.1 plus. Now coming to offers, they come once in a while and I think people keep waiting for the offers to buy new devices. If that was the case then shops would remain closed for all other days and only open during the festive season.  :D

For me, Nokia 2.2 is the perfect low-end device that HMD has produced till now. This ticks most marketing boxes which people are crazy about. Comes with a small notch at a budget, gets face unlock (fast or not but people are crazy about it), Google assistant button (I am not a fan of this but it is definitely a unique feature and only Nokia 2.2 has it), colourful back panels with glossy design which looks a lot refreshing when compared to similarly priced devices from Mi and others that are available in offline market. Nokia 2.2 will be 1st to get Android Q. Now, you might say that this will affect the performance but I don't think one major update will degrade it to an extent where the phone becomes unusable.

You will buy an older device with better specs. It is you. Not everyone is same na. Nokia 5.1 plus's design pales when I compare it to the Nokia 2.2, 3.2 and 4.2 from the front. And why would one buy an older device which is available at a discount? There are latest devices available online with better specs at competitive prices. :)
    Okay. Here now with Realme C2 at ₹5999 Mediatek P22 Octa-core Processor. 

Nokia 5.1 plus available at ₹7999 always during sales (Sales are always once in a month, sometimes twice, call it stock clearance still a better wiser buy)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Okies @Kartik Gada @singhnsk . Got your points. I agree with some of them. 

@singhnsk  HMD's strategy is just launching new products rather than launching products which are more consumer centric. In India, if NOKIA bring devices at better prices with better specs, companies like Xiaomi,Realme doesn't stand a chance. People will buy Nokia devices without any 2nd thoughts because of the trust on Nokia. But this thing is what Nokia fails to understand.
    The top 5 smartphone brands of India:
    1. Xiaomi
    2. Samsung
    3. Vivo
    4. Oppo
    5. Realme

Out of these top 5, only two brands focus on selling devices online at extremely low prices. Xiaomi stands at no.1 and realme stands at no.5. Rest three brands in between focus mostly on offline markets and their pricing is more or less similar or sometimes even higher than the pricing of Nokia smartphones.
    Xiaomi can fight with price as due to their different model of earning revenue. The more devices they sell the more ads they show to the users. This generates more revenue for them.

Samsung till recently was just fighting with their brand name which isn't enough and they realised it. Hence, launched the M Series with aggressive pricing. Still not aggressive as Mi but they will sell their devices once again just because of their brand name and offline push.

The BOTTOM three are all from the same parent company, BBK. Vivo and Oppo focus on offline market and if you look at their specs and build you will notice in some areas Nokia devices offer a better value. But their sales team is capable of pushing their devices with those fancy camera features. Realme is new and we will have to see how it prices their phones in the long run.

So, just selling devices at aggressive pricing is not enough. You cannot make losses as a company runs on profits. All phones sold offline are priced higher. Even the Xioami ones are priced higher. HMD doesn't have deep pockets like Samsung, Vivo, Oppo and Xiaomi so they have to be careful with every decision they make. :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.1 plus available at ₹7999 always during sales (Sales are always once in a month, sometimes twice, call it stock clearance still a better wiser buy)
    And that realme C2 isn't available. Wait for Flash Sales then during flash sales the device goes out of stock in seconds. Then wait for it go on sale once again. Then still one doesn't know if they will get it or not in the next flash sale. Why waste weeks and time after a phone. Just buy what is readily available. :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi all,
    Lots of good points, I pretty much agree with all of you. But you could have this same discussion with every new phone launch, is that what you're going to do? :D
    Still there's one other reason you might buy an older phone - because the bugs will have been fixed. Unfortunately this reason doesn't really work for Nokia phones...
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8

And that realme C2 isn't available. Wait for Flash Sales then during flash sales the device goes out of stock in seconds. Then wait for it go on sale once again. Then still one doesn't know if they will get it or not in the next flash sale. Why waste weeks and time after a phone. Just buy what is readily available. :)
    I knew you would say that. It's a safety argument. I won't argue bro. For you, it's Nokia's perfect low budget phone. For me it's not. Difference in opinion. That's it. I prefer more value for money smartphones, the price to performance ratio matters to me.

Btw, Realme flash sales are better and more frequent than Xiaomi (for which you mentioned out of stocks in secnds). Also, Realme devices available in offline realme stores at the price shown above. Buy a device readily available, that's a valid argument. Buy a device readily available but can't wait for a better device at better price. I disagree.

Oppo Reno 10x zoom camera, a very good camera, Snapdragon 855 at under 40k.
    It is the Oppo and Vivo that brings true innovation to smartphones these days.
    Vivo and Oppo are quite good with the pricing now. They understood the Indian market.

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Lets just end this topic @Kartik Gada bro. You have your opinion , I have mine. We have different opinions. Let's just not fight with each other. This topic won't end ever.  :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I knew you would say that. It's a safety argument. I won't argue bro. For you, it's Nokia's perfect low budget phone. For me it's not. Difference in opinion. That's it. I prefer more value for money smartphones, the price to performance ratio matters to me.

Btw, Realme flash sales are better and more frequent than Xiaomi (for which you mentioned out of stocks in secnds). Also, Realme devices available in offline realme stores at the price shown above.

Oppo Reno 10x zoom camera, a very good camera, Snapdragon 855 at under 40k.
    It is the Oppo and Vivo that brings true innovation to smartphones these days.
    Vivo and Oppo are quite good with the pricing now. They understood the Indian market.

#PEACE_OUT 🙏🙏🙏
    You are correct. Most consumers look for price to performance ratio while buying phones. But then there is design, and Oppo Reno 10X is an amazing phone in terms of price, specs, design and innovation. But was it the same when they started? Oppo and Vivo both used to sell overpriced phones in the offline market and succeeded. Now they have enough money to invest in R&D. I am just saying that HMD is too small when compared to these giants and they can't afford to make a loss by selling devices at a low price. :)
    You are looking from a consumer point of view and I am trying to show you the company side. :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Lets just end this topic @Kartik Gada bro. You have your opinion , I have mine. We have different opinions. Let's just not fight with each other. This topic won't end ever.  :)
    Ooops. Are we fighting? Come on. This was just a discussion going on. I respect your opinion and I said it in one of the comments. Not everyone is the same and different people will take different decisions. :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ooops. Are we fighting? Come on. This was just a discussion going on. I respect your opinion and I said it in one of the comments. Not everyone is the same and different people will take different decisions. :)
    Yes, same for me as well... 😅😅
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8
    madbilly said:
    Hi all,
    Lots of good points, I pretty much agree with all of you. But you could have this same discussion with every new phone launch, is that what you're going to do? :D
    Still there's one other reason you might buy an older phone - because the bugs will have been fixed. Unfortunately this reason doesn't really work for Nokia phones...
    Hahahaha, a good suggestion @madbilly Sir, but depends on HMD and its pricing in future whether we will have a similar discussion or not.  :D

I just hope that we have the old Nokia back like we used to have with better pricing and specs. I would love that.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8
    Hi @Argho Sarkar, which old Nokia are you referring to? I can't remember Nokia ever having better specs and lower prices than the competition. The Lumias always seemed to lag behind Android (not that it mattered as the OS was more performant!) and older series weren't comparable at all (e.g. Asha, Symbian). Only the X, XL, X2 were comparable and they were low spec.