Android Q Beta 4

Hello everyone, I was wondering if Q beta 4 rolled out for Nokia 8.1 yet? If yes, does it also require sideloading or it is OTA from beta 3. Thank you!

Android Q Beta 4

Babean1907 Babean1907
✭✭  / 
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if Q beta 4 rolled out for Nokia 8.1 yet? If yes, does it also require sideloading or it is OTA from beta 3. Thank you!

Answers

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if Q beta 4 rolled out for Nokia 8.1 yet? If yes, does it also require sideloading or it is OTA from beta 3. Thank you!
    No currently the Q Beta 4 has not been rolled out for 8.1. Also, Google has halted this Beta 4 update currently as some of the pixel devices are bricked after the users updated to this build.

All we can do is wait till HMD provides us a new build. The OTA update is expected to arrive during mid of July. I think we have to sideload the Beta 4 build manually if HMD provide us the Q Beta 4 build.
  • Babean1907 Babean1907
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello everyone,

No currently the Q Beta 4 has not been rolled out for 8.1. Also, Google has halted this Beta 4 update currently as some of the pixel devices are bricked after the users updated to this build.

All we can do is wait till HMD provides us a new build. The OTA update is expected to arrive during mid of July. I think we have to sideload the Beta 4 build manually if HMD provide us the Q Beta 4 build.
    I was not aware of the fact that it bricked Pixel phones. Thanks for the update.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Babean1907 Welcome  :)

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar what does exactly "bricked" mean to phone? 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A bricked phone is such which can't be turned on in any way.
    I don't know much. Just heard about it.
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    You have two ways of bricking the phone. 

Soft brick - Phone is stuck in boot loop or it's not booting but you can access the recovery. Simply put, you can probably save it yourself by flashing for example. 

Hard brick - He's dead, Jim. It doesn't boot at all, you can't access the recovery, you hold the power button or any combination of them but it's completely dead. It could MAYBE be saved by professionals in service centres. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:

Soft brick - Phone is stuck in boot loop or it's not booting but you can access the recovery. Simply put, you can probably save it yourself by flashing for example. 

Hard brick - He's dead, Jim. It doesn't boot at all, you can't access the recovery, you hold the power button or any combination of them but it's completely dead. It could MAYBE be saved by professionals in service centres. 
    Thank you so much @PSHND :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:

Thank you bro for the information..
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Phone is just like a brick then(not functional). U can hit someone with it like a brick 😆. Just kidding