Can't uninstall YouTube

I recently installed the YouTube (not the Go edition) and decided to uninstall it a few days later. Somehow, there's no option to uninstall it. Please help.

Can't uninstall YouTube

redhajelah redhajelah
✭✭  / 
I recently installed the YouTube (not the Go edition) and decided to uninstall it a few days later. Somehow, there's no option to uninstall it. Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Can you please take the screenshot shot?
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 7
    U want to uninstall youtube ??? why ??? First time ever I have seen someone who wants to uninstall youtube.

NO,you cannot uninstall youtube as it comes as a part applications of Android System. You can however disable it so that it doesn't consume any storage or data.

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    This is weird.How a go edition device comes with full App version one?Most of go device comes with Go edition apps instead of normal apps.This may be software pre-install issue.Anyways HMD need to look into this matter because when Go edition is being installed as software all the Google apps will be in Go edition based only even it is given in Android Go web page.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8
    U want to uninstall youtube ??? why ??? First time ever I have seen someone who wants to uninstall youtube.

NO,you cannot uninstall youtube as it comes as a part applications of Android System. You can however disable it so that it doesn't consume any storage or data.

Argho sarkar not everything needs a "why". He wants to. That's it.
    Alright, btw it was more of a reaction than a question.
    nice @NIMISHA 😆😆😆

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 8
    Interesting. Most likely there was already a package with the YouTube app's package name in the /system/priv-app/.
    Now any installed app in that directory will not be allowed to be fully uninstalled (only disabled). When you installed YouTube from the Play Store, it has updated that dummy package from the /system directory and installed it. Now it is here for you to keep.
    You can try adb to uninstall the standard YouTube by targeting its package name. I believe that will work.
    @Argho Sarkar Unfortunately, the disabled apps continue to use the storage equivalent to the package size of the app and its native libs. So, it would have been much better if the app was uninstallable. But yeah disabling can help in getting rid of some of the data. Plus since it is Google and Google is devil-ish, you'll always notice that the disabled Google apps still get the "Force Stop" button alive. That means some of its activity still works even when the app is disabled. What works is for some experts to find out 😂. Maybe Google continuing to collect user data.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Interesting. Most likely there was already a package with the YouTube app's package name in the /system/priv-app/.
    Now any installed app in that directory will not be allowed to be fully uninstalled (only disabled). When you installed YouTube from the Play Store, it has updated that dummy package from the /system directory and installed it. Now it is here for you to keep.
    You can try adb to uninstall the standard YouTube by targeting its package name. I believe that will work.
    @Argho Sarkar Unfortunately, the disabled apps continue to use the storage equivalent to the package size of the app and its native libs. So, it would have been much better if the app was uninstallable. But yeah disabling can help in getting rid of some of the data. Plus since it is Google and Google is devil-ish, you'll always notice that the disabled Google apps still get the "Force Stop" button alive. That means some of its activity still works even when the app is disabled. What works is for some experts to find out 😂. Maybe Google continuing to collect user data.
    Yes bro that's true. But with youtube app disabled and taking at most 30mb of storage doesn't seems a big issue. But google should provide us option to uninstall these apps cuz these are not system apps which if uninstalled affect system
  • redhajelah redhajelah
    ✭✭  / 
    I installed the full fledged YouTube app as it has the features that I need when compared to the Go version of the app. Once the app has been installed, I don't there's a chance to uninstall it without factory reset.
  • redhajelah redhajelah
    ✭✭  / 

• Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    NIMISHA said:
    Argho sarkar not everything needs a "why". He wants to. That's it.
    Alright, btw it was more of a reaction than a question.
    nice @NIMISHA 😆😆😆

Suck-up. 😝😆😆
  • adylanchng adylanchng
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a problem Nokia 2.1's also face. 

There's a video on YouTube titled "Nokia 2.1 Bug - Cannot Uninstall YouTube" that demostrates this bug.

The only solution is to factory reset. 
  • Sarah20141117 Sarah20141117
    ✭✭  / 
    Some region only allow YouTube App NOT YouTube GO version so both of them are preload in ROM
  • Heinrikur Heinrikur
    ✭✭  /  edited October 31
    My 1 Plus also has the full Youtube app preinstalled. I disabled both Youtube and Youtube Go and use NewPipe or SkyTube from the Fdroid store instead.