Why designed in Europe and not designed in Finland like my Nokia N900 had?

Nokia is a Finnish brand , the pride and joy of Finland. Is HMD ashamed to write designed in Finland?

Why designed in Europe and not designed in Finland like my Nokia N900 had?

Nokia is a Finnish brand , the pride and joy of Finland. Is HMD ashamed to write designed in Finland? Why not stamp it 
Nokia- Designed in Finland like you did with the N900. That will bring awesomeness to the branding. Nokia and Finland elegant, reliable, quality and trustworthy.

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    I think they write designed in Europe because that's what's true. HMD have a large office in London and I think it's where the main design (not engineering) team are based.
    Cheers :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    **  / 
    I wish my dream of seeing a "made in Finland" device will come true at some point. It is something for which I'll happily pay a premium since that's inborn that the quality of work and manufacturing will be a level above than the one done in China.
    HMD has an opportunity to better advertise the Finnish connection and I guess sell better in the EU countries. But for that they need to go back to their roots more. Currently HMD phones are nothing beyond a device whose pretty much everything is done in China.