Two quite different models Nokia 3.1?

So I have this Nokia 3.1 with Mediatek MT6750N pocessor and HMD is announcing new models Nokia 3.1 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 in the USA!

Two quite different models Nokia 3.1?

StephanP StephanP
✭✭  /  edited June 8
So I have this Nokia 3.1 with Mediatek MT6750N pocessor and HMD is announcing new models Nokia 3.1 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 in the USA!
Now THERE's confusion if there is.

Comments

• stipe1906 stipe1906
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not really. The phones are called Nokia 3.1A (for AT&T) and Nokia 3.1C (for Cricket). Different phones with different names
  • StephanP StephanP
    ✭✭  / 
    Okay, you're right. Not confusing at all. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You're right. As if HMD's model naming wasn't already confusing enough they are making it more confusing with the names for USA-specific models.
    The 3.1A and 3.1C are not the same generation or even the same hardware as the global 3.1, they are more like the global 3.2 (but not exactly the same), just as the 3.1 plus Cricket is not the same as the global 3.1 plus and the 2V for Verizon is actually very similar the global 2.1 not the 2!
    @stipe1906 I think in this case you are trying to defend the indefensible - the names strongly suggest that these new phones are like the 3.1 but in fact it is nothing like the 3.1.
    The overall daft naming strategy from HMD continues.
    Cheers :)