Nokia 6.1 UK model stuck on May update

Can someone clarify something to me?? I have a brand new Nokia 6.1 sim free unlocked UK model. It is now July 6th and my phone has no June update.

Nokia 6.1 UK model stuck on May update

Seanetta Seanetta
 /  edited July 26
Can someone clarify something to me?? I have a brand new Nokia 6.1 sim free unlocked UK model. It is now July 6th and my phone has no June update. I don't usually fuss about things like this but I'm asking has it been released in UK yet?? If not, why?? Nokia joined Android One program but so far as I can see my handset is not upto date at all. I'm not out to argue with anyone I just want an answer. Maybe Laura can answer??

Comments

• sdbillin sdbillin
     / 

I'm using the TA-1050, UK model 6.1 from Carphone warehouse on iD.

No update here. Have even tried using my work vodafone SIM and connecting via VPN to India.

• Seanetta Seanetta
     /  edited July 12
    Yes mine is Carphone Warehouse too, it's weird for sure considering it's sim free. Sort it out Nokia, it's not very good when you consider the older Nokia 6 is getting July patch now
  • Seanetta Seanetta
     / 
    Hmmm I wouldn't bother with legal advice over a £229 phone but if they don't stick to their promises then I just wouldn't buy their products again
  • Mine is a ta-1050 brought from the carphone warehouse I got the June update a couple of days ago
  • sdbillin sdbillin
     / 

Which network are you on?

• Seanetta Seanetta
     / 

I am on Three but it doesn't matter,even taking sim card out and trying to check via Wi Fi makes no difference

• My network is Tesco but seeing as it's unlocked I don't think that's make any difference I might be wrong
  • Auki Auki
    ✭✭  /  edited July 12
    Sorry u will have to wait hmd won't even care especially [email protected] behaves like analamba hmd matako,,he praises hmd when they clearly are failing at service delivery like I mean how can Nokia 3 have june patch and Nokia 6.1 in UK stuck to buggy may update ??
  • Seanetta Seanetta
     /  edited July 12

Mine isn't buggy but i am asking the question why is Nokia promising Android One fast updates but we are not getting them?? And not even a moderator will answer because nobody seems to know anything

• Seanetta Seanetta
     /  edited July 12

Yeah sadly am let down by Nokia,not just cos of no update promise but also buggy software,stuttery performance in their handsets despite stock Android and so far they have yet to produce a mind blowing camera

• user1525609093281 user1525609093281
     /  edited July 12
    I bought my Nokia 6.1 three months ago
    And I've had no updates at all .supposed to be Android one . What's going on ?
  • Seanetta Seanetta
     / 

Well,good luck with Huawei their updates are even worse. After my holiday i am selling this piece of junk

• user1525609093281 user1525609093281
     /  edited July 12
    Don't blame you I might do the same
  • Seanetta Seanetta
     / 

Camera is good in daylight but in lowlight even using 4 second long exposure it's full of colour noise. Absolutely horrid and there's me thinking Nokia were the best with cameras

• Received the july security patch in india
  • I think this topic is to do with the uk 6.1 model and not the Indian one where they receive updates long before we do here in the UK
  • I was just informing that the indian models have started receiving July update
  • Seanetta Seanetta
     / 

I put a new sim card in today and connected to wi fi but still no update. It's definitely Nokia's side nothing to do with carriers at all as it's sim free anyway. Where is Laura can she not answer us??

• Seanetta Seanetta
     / 
    And surprise surprise look who gets first treatment again to updates, India  I've had enough

https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-6-1-also-getting-july-security-update-now-list-of-markets/