Most of your are saying 8.1 camera is very good but in my case I am getting not upto the mark photos

I had used Nokia 6.1+ also it's photo in GCAM is like DSLR even if I zoom it's photo shows each and every detail with out breaking the photo and with out noisy ...

Most of your are saying 8.1 camera is very good but in my case I am getting not upto the mark photos

Er. Saikat Saha Er. Saikat Saha
✭✭  /  edited June 14
I had used Nokia 6.1+ also it's photo in GCAM is like DSLR even if I zoom it's photo shows each and every detail with out breaking the photo and with out noisy ... But due charging port issue I sold that phone and brought 8.1 by expecting that It will give me similar photo in GCAM or even more but my bad luck It giving worst photo even having more mp of camera in front ie 6.1 have 16mp and 8.1 has 20 mp front ... Why this happened ?? I have used the latest version MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7.apk  and MGC_6.2.030_RazerPhone2_V2.apk but both giving same result. What should I do? 

Answers

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had used Nokia 6.1+ also it's photo in GCAM is like DSLR even if I zoom it's photo shows each and every detail with out breaking the photo and with out noisy ... But due charging port issue I sold that phone and brought 8.1 by expecting that It will give me similar photo in GCAM or even more but my bad luck It giving worst photo even having more mp of camera in front ie 6.1 have 16mp and 8.1 has 20 mp front ... Why this happened ?? I have used the latest version MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7.apk  and MGC_6.2.030_RazerPhone2_V2.apk but both giving same result. What should I do? 
    Sorry but no phone camera is as good as a DSLR and never will be
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 14
    One problem can be that the Gcam will get a 5MP stream from the front sensor. I do not know how the technology works, but only the stock camera will give you 20.1MP photos from the front camera. How was your experience with the front camera using the native Nokia Camera app?
    Please refer this thread if you're looking into some discussion on that topic.
  • Er. Saikat Saha Er. Saikat Saha
    ✭✭  / 
    @seanetta By DSLR I mean it's too good 
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk stock front camera of 8.1 is also noisy
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    Sorry but no phone camera is as good as a DSLR and never will be
    This, a million times this and people who think otherwise are clueless.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk stock front camera of 8.1 is also noisy
    Nope, it absolutely isn't, its main problem is it applies too much noise reduction at high ISO so everything loses detail but the one thing it isnt because of this is noisy.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 14
    One image i took from Google Camera at night. Images on the GCam are way better at night. But in daylight they are dark in the shadows which i don't like. Nokia camera app using HDR is brighter. This is GCam unedited using Night Sight 

Also see here the difference between GCam and Nokia in daylight. Nokia is top one GCam bottom. Nokia is brighter but sky is more blown out but i don't like the dark shadowy areas on GCam even using HDR+ 

Image of the city is taken using Nokia camera app HDR,it is NOT bad quality at all. There is some image noise in bottom left of the images in less than ideal lighting but it's nothing bad
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I did a 4 second exposure out of the back window looking on to our dark garden, because i was drunk i forgot about it but the next day when i stumbled upon it i was amazed at the result.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    One image i took from Google Camera at night. Images on the GCam are way better at night. But in daylight they are dark in the shadows which i don't like. Nokia camera app using HDR is brighter. This is GCam unedited using Night Sight 

Also see here the difference between GCam and Nokia in daylight. Nokia is top one GCam bottom. Nokia is brighter but sky is more blown out but i don't like the dark shadowy areas on GCam even using HDR+ 

Image of the city is taken using Nokia camera app HDR,it is NOT bad quality at all. There is some image noise in bottom left of the images in less than ideal lighting but it's nothing bad
    I don't even bother with a Gcam mod any more, the HMD app does a good enough job for the snapshots i want and if i do want serious photos i'll use a DSLR or at the very least a decent compact. That said the HMD app has made a right pigs ear of that shot in to the sun hasn't it, the sky is terrible, it has messed it right up.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    seanetta said:

I don't even bother with a Gcam mod any more, the HMD app does a good enough job for the snapshots i want and if i do want serious photos i'll use a DSLR or at the very least a decent compact. That said the HMD app has made a right pigs ear of that shot in to the sun hasn't it, the sky is terrible, it has messed it right up.
    No,the GCam app is great at night compared to the Nokia so i use it for that

Nokia camera app makes good skies most often using HDR
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    mrbelter said:
    seanetta said:

No,the GCam app is great at night compared to the Nokia so i use it for that

Nokia camera app makes good skies most often using HDR
    My point was if you are that serious about photography you certainly wouldn't be relying on a mid range mobile phone for low light photography. After 18 months with a Nokia 8 the Nokia 8.1 is an absolute revelation when it comes to shots when the light is failing but it still falls way behind an actual camera whether it had the gcam installed or not.

I am not sure why you posted another photo defending the Nokia 8.1, i didn't say it was bad, i own one and i very much like it but as that may be it still made a right cobblers of the sky of the comparison shot you posted.

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 14
    On Nokia 6.1Plus and Nokia 6.1 GCAM does better job than stock camera as i seen details on both device.Even Same GCAM works better on both device and on i.e.SD600 Series and 16MP 1um Rear Camera Of Nokia 6.1 as well as 16MP 1um Front and Rear Camera (Samsung S5K3P9SX Sensor)On Nokia 6.1Plus.GCAM works best with two devices HDR+Enhanced Image Outputs.
    Actually Nokia 8.1 doesn't have that kind of same developers or camera2api compatibility with gcam as on front camera because its sensor is depends on pixel binning technique i.e.20MP with 0.9um and 5MP with 1.8um So we get only 5MP Output on every third party application including gcam.Only Nokia Camera takes 20MP Image with Pixel Binning.Even I didn't get same kind( i.e.Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1Plus) of best results with gcam on nokia 8.1.
    But Nokia 8.1's Stock Camera Output is good and it isn't bad as compared to Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1Plus Stock Camera and GCAM's Output on Nokia 8.1 in Daylight.
    I know it's still need improvement but i tried several developers gcam on nokia 8.1 still i did not get the right one which gives that kind of results mostly skintone and after zoom details same as i get on Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1Plus.
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare then what should we do with camera
    ✭✭  / 
    @seanetta can you send me the GCam link which u use
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 14
    @nitin kachare then what should we do with camera
    Might you feel bad but i feel same when i used gcam first on nokia 8.1 for front camera but later on i used stock camera for everything.
    We can't do anything because it's not in our hand nor hmd for using pixel binning 20MP Sensor(Poco F1 have same 20MP Sensor i.e. 5MP output on gcam but better than nokia 8.1) i.e.Developers Port Of GCAM.Only We can use Stock Camera which provides decent photos and asking for improvement in Nokia Camera.
    You can get good image on gcam using rear i.e.12MP but Front always stay 5MP Output.As i am trying every gcam if I found anything good then i will recommend you to try and use.Lets hope in next android version i.e.Android Q camera2api will have more improvement than past(CameraX Support is good in Q).Right now i am using gcam only for night mode.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @seanetta can you send me the GCam link which u use
    Ah damn you know what I can't remember which one I'm using so sorry. I downloaded it few weeks ago 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If this helps it has a version here at bottom 

✭✭  / 
    @seanetta can you check your FIELS or Field go app download option and take the screenshot of apk name which you download
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    this is all I got the downloaded file of it on my computer