Solution to Random Restarting in Nokia 8!

I made a post in February addressing the issue of random restarting in Nokia 8. It only happened when the phone wasn't charging.

Solution to Random Restarting in Nokia 8!

Karan Chavda Karan Chavda
✭✭  / 
I made a post in February addressing the issue of random restarting in Nokia 8. It only happened when the phone wasn't charging. It finally led me to believe that the problem was with the battery. Nokia 8 has Aluminium body and so it conducts heat better than glass or plastic. I didn't use any case in winter and my phone was really cold every morning. I finally changed a battery and brought a case made of insulating material and it's working fine now. It still restarted 3 times in last 4 months but I can live with that. I suggest using insulating cases for Metal phones. Hope you guys get your issue resolved. I hope HMD makes better insulating layers around battery.
Tagged:

Comments

• user1538062537055 user1538062537055
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    All of batteries are affected by temperature; lower temperatures drop the battery voltage and higher temperatures stabilizes the battery voltage. I don't know temperature threshold exactly (I'm not a scientist, only a curious user) but it's more realisable 15 Celsius degrees. Voltage drops are dependent on speed of discharge and overall battery health. Old and over-discharged batteries will face too much voltage drops than other batteries. Besides IC board of battery shutdowns the phone to protect battery health (Li based batteries have voltage threshold to charge again) when the battery voltage drops to lower voltage. Consequently smartphones shouldn't be used heavily at lower temperatures than 15°C.
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My 8 (TA-1004) only ever restarts when I'm streaming radio (TuneIn or BBC iPlayer Radio), usually after many hours, and whether or not the phone is charging. My battery performs well and charges quickly after 19 months of demanding service.