Video call

Inspite of enabling 'carrier video calling' feature, we can't do video call from this phone. but why?

Video call

Amit Shovan Mandal Amit Shovan Mandal
 /  edited September 2018
Inspite of enabling 'carrier video calling' feature, we can't do video call from this phone. but why?

Comments

• aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 2018
    I was able to video call from my Jio sim.
  • pranoy pranoy
    ✭✭  / 
    I've the same issue.
  • sparsh22 sparsh22
     / 
    I have the same issue
  • qudrat qudrat
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Video call working fine in India only Jio support native video calling mean only jio to jio call possible and one more thing if you call other person who have oppo vivo and some other phones they doesn't support native video call function then you are not able to do video call. Some brands support native video call function like Mi , Samsung and Nokia according to my knowledge. So if you call to mi samsung or nokia then it will connect otherwise no.
  • sparsh22 sparsh22
     /  edited July 2018
    I was calling a jio sim inserted in a mi phone. But the video calling button in dialer is not functioning
  • pranoy pranoy
    ✭✭  / 
    I agree with whatever you said
    user1525532364262 but the thing is i have checked all the criterias but still it's not working. My father owns a J7 PRO 2018, mother owns a OPPO F7. I've even video called them on 28th of june but on 29th, at a sudden the native video calling stopped working. Even can't receive video calls from my sister who owns J7 PRIME, it gets converted into voice call.
  • qudrat qudrat
    ✭✭  / 
    Not functioning or disconnect when other person accept the call. If disconnect then jio network issue try to swich on flight mode and then off it after few seconds then try again video call.
  • pranoy pranoy
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not working sir, tried everything.. 1. Tried another phone with same sim card, video call is just fine. 2. Tried another sim in this phone, not working. 3. Tried full reset. 4. Flight mode thing you said.. it's not just working and the video call button in phone dialer is just not responding.
  • I have same issue
  • utpal debbarma utpal debbarma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Video calling is only possible when both people have their data or wifi enabled....and their is a constant internet connection......I am able to make video calls to my friend who's using a Samsung device .....on the BSNL network........ using Google Duo.....
  • pranoy pranoy
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    Google duo is a separate app. We're talking about native video calling support. Please understand the issue first.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please use Google DUO app
    Or the WhatsApp video calling feature to call your friends....... WhatsApp video calling is best as everyone has WhatsApp....( Mobile data or wifi should be ON with a proper internet connection)

For quality GOOGLE DUO is best though....if you can insist your friends to install it....
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Few handsets like from Samsung can make video calls to other Samsung device can make video calls without switching on data.....but this only works if both the caller and receiver has a Samsung Device......
  • pranoy pranoy
    1. Google duo or whatsapp are separate apps. We're talking about native video calling support.
    2. As you can read here, people are saying it stopped working that means it USED TO WORK.
    3. AND IT USED TO WORK IN NOKIA DEVICES. THAT'S WHY WERE COMMENTING ON NOKIA FORUM, NOT ON SAMSUNG FORUM.
    4.NATIVE VIDEO CALLING DOESN'T NEED TO KEEP DATA ON. WE KNOW THAT.
    5.FIRST UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE AND THEN COMMENT PLEASE.
    Thanks.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The Google Duo app is Preinstalled on the Nokia 7 Plus.......and Nokia 7 Plus doesn't have a native video calling feature .....
    As it's an Android One device it uses Google apps
    1.Phone (Google app) for calling
    2.Google Duo (Google app) for video calling
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And Google Duo does uses data......
    ✭✭✭  / 
    And Guys please don't be angry Just Trying to mention some fixes for your problems..... that's what a community should do.....
    I am sorry if my fixes aren't Good.......
    Really sorry.....
  • pranoy pranoy
    You don't have a single iota of idea what we're talking about. please understand it first otherwise refrain.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am sorry for being polite..... fine .... Fix it yourself... . I'll refrain.......bye .....Get angry......
    No use of chatting with people like you......
  • pranoy pranoy
    Thank you. phew!!
  • Anik Anik
     /  edited August 2018
    Some people even don't know what is native video calling and how it is different from app video calling like duo. They should keep their mouth shut.
    We are facing a problem which used to work previously so we are requesting nokia and community to investigate into these problem which arise after july security patch. Video calling to any network and any smartphone is failing. That's all.
  • libin2711 libin2711
     /  edited August 2018
    Agreed native video calling in dialer is not functional/disabled/not click-able. Can't call to any network neither can i recieve.
  • user1526490130220 user1526490130220
     /  edited August 2018
    I also own Nokia 7 plus for me also native video calling or carrier video is not working the same sim works in another device with native video calling.People who dont know what is native video calling please keep quiet even nokia care people says native video calling is stopped by google.One thing people who says use google duo for is only available for video call can you explain what is meaning of option available in settings carrier video calling.It is sure its a software issue So people who dont know what is native calling please be quiet.Please dont reply contat network operator because the feature works fine in other devices
     /  edited August 2018
    Guys we gets the feature if we reset the device to factory reset till we restart the device for first time after factory reset.Before restart the feature works fine after restart its missing.I am saying to people who knows what is native video calling not to people who says use google duo.It can be cleared by an update but even nokia custumer care dont know what is native video calling I had reported mailed every where the issue but no response such a bad service as its a 26 k device as this feature work fine in 12 k device
  • Anik Anik
     /  edited August 2018

After august security update native video calling is working fine again. Thanks Nokia. 

/  edited August 2018
    Till now for me after August update also no change still not getting the feature. After reset to factory now also works till restart after device restart the feature misses
  • ramasha ramasha
     /  edited August 2018
    Ya i am also unable to use video call. I contacted to the Nokia support they asked me to do factory reset but still not working since July.
  • Can anyone confirm if after august security patch update carrier video calling feature is working again?
     /  edited August 2018
    No changes for the issue after august update also dont what the people saying after august update video call issue resoloved.Till now the same issue is there Many times Informed nokia care via chat and call but they also dont know what is native video calling they saying service stopped by Google.Even i send them screenshot also after reset and after phone restart too but even that also they cant understand whats the issue...atlast said wait for update first of all they should understand whats then problem without that how they cansend update nice comedy
  • Nooo after updating to aug security patch no change it not supporting native video call support