Battery drain issue

The Nokia 9 has done fine on battery life, but today I noticed my battery beeing drained quite fast.

Battery drain issue

Yann Dooms Yann Dooms
✭✭  / 
The Nokia 9 has done fine on battery life, but today I noticed my battery beeing drained quite fast. I also noticed that the adaptive battery isn't restricting any apps. 

Can anyone help me?

Answers

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello Just do this
    Settings>Battery> Three dots>Battery optimization>Select the Power Saver>Change to Optimize then see the changes 

Also this optional thing will help you further
    Settings>Battery>Background Activity Manager>Toggle on the apps which you don't want to use the battery
    Toggle off when you want to use the battery for such apps

Also turn off the adaptive brightness so that as per lighting availability you can slide the brightness bar
  • Yann Dooms Yann Dooms
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't have those menu's or options in my battery settings. 
    I have seen those menu's in the videos but I can't find those on my phone
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ok just do this thing
    Settings>Apps and Notification>All apps>three dots>show system>search for Power saver>Battery>there you will see the options of battery optimization
  • Smartphones are no more than small computers, and more powerful than those of a few years ago, and as such, it is possible that at some point some of those applications that we have installed problems.

Activate Android safe mode
    Android has been implemented a kind of "safe mode", a way to start our device with the essential services so that it can work and from which we can fix any, or good, almost all, the problem that is causing a malfunction of the device in its normal mode, which almost always involves uninstalling an application that should never have been installed.
  • Yann Dooms Yann Dooms
    ✭✭  / 

No power saver to be found 
  • Yann Dooms Yann Dooms
    ✭✭  / 
    Smartphones are no more than small computers, and more powerful than those of a few years ago, and as such, it is possible that at some point some of those applications that we have installed problems.

Activate Android safe mode
    Android has been implemented a kind of "safe mode", a way to start our device with the essential services so that it can work and from which we can fix any, or good, almost all, the problem that is causing a malfunction of the device in its normal mode, which almost always involves uninstalling an application that should never have been installed.
    Well the phone did fine until yesterday, from the moment I was at work until I was at home the battery droped like crazy
  • alrdyfree alrdyfree
    ✭✭  /  edited June 18
    I have serious battery drain since I own the Nokia 9 (April).
    My battery does not last more than 12 hours with battery saver options enabled. 
    My Nokia 7plus' battery lasts up to 48 hours. 
    I was hoping for an update to fix this issue, but I'm afraid my battery gets damaged over time. 

This thread as marked as "answered", - but I can't find any solution here.

Any suggestion? 
    I have just a small amount of apps installed, no Facebook or things like this... 
  • Webmonkey Webmonkey
    ✭✭  / 
    Everytime I my unplugged my PV9 after the battery fully 100% charged.  The battery life dropped 2 to 3% instantly after a minute or two in browsing a few non video websites.  Anyone has similar issue?
  • Yann Dooms Yann Dooms
    ✭✭  / 
    alrdyfree said:
    I have serious battery drain since I own the Nokia 9 (April).
    My battery does not last more than 12 hours with battery saver options enabled. 
    My Nokia 7plus' battery lasts up to 48 hours. 
    I was hoping for an update to fix this issue, but I'm afraid my battery gets damaged over time. 

This thread as marked as "answered", - but I can't find any solution here.

Any suggestion? 
    I have just a small amount of apps installed, no Facebook or things like this... 
    Sorry, I'm new here so I don't know how to mark or unmark this thread as answered.

Using the search bar in the settings menu I found the optimallizer and I deleted the app that my phone said to be draining the most.

Then I let my battery to go completely to 0% and then charge it to 100% en and currently it's been doing better now.
  • KirillS KirillS
     / 
    I've noticed recently that my Nokia 9 battery doesn't hold even one day anymore. I've restricted some app notifications, turned off adaptive brightness, deleted a few apps, but my phone is still dead at the end of the day, even though I do not use it at work, so the battery is literally draining (approximately 80% to 30% in 8 hours in idle state) even though it's not in use.
    Is there an issue with my phone's battery?
    Any advice?
  • Kubikmannen Kubikmannen
    ✭✭  / 
    I've got the same problem with the battery draining really fast, when I'm at work it drops from 90-15% just from being inactive. Charge it up and it drains in a matter of hours. My wife bought one at the same time, but she doesn't experience this, just me.
  • Tim9 Tim9
    ✭✭  / 
    @Yann The menu you are looking for is accessed via the ellipsis in the top right corner(...) .
    @Others I have seen catastrophic battery drain (1% per minute) occasionally. Restarting the phone doesn't fix it but toggling flight mode does the job. In the battery usage section it is not attributed to an app and so assume it is a system bug. 
  • alrdyfree alrdyfree
    ✭✭  /  edited August 11
    KirillS said:
    I've noticed recently that my Nokia 9 battery doesn't hold even one day anymore. I've restricted some app notifications, turned off adaptive brightness, deleted a few apps, but my phone is still dead at the end of the day, even though I do not use it at work, so the battery is literally draining (approximately 80% to 30% in 8 hours in idle state) even though it's not in use.
    Is there an issue with my phone's battery?
    Any advice?

As I experienced heavy batery drain, I described what it fixed it to me here:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/50186/nokia-9-pureview-battery