No update for Nokia 8110 4G?

Hi. I recently bought the Nokia 8110 4G. I've browsed through this forums and I saw people receiving an update to version v11.00.17.03

No update for Nokia 8110 4G?

Hi. I recently bought the Nokia 8110 4G. I've browsed through this forums and I saw people receiving an update to version v11.00.17.03

Mine is still stuck on version 10.00.17.02 and no matter how many times i checked for updates it will just say "Your software is up-to-date".
I live in Philippines is this because the updates are region locked that's why I can't get it here in our country?

Also Facebook and Google apps are missing. But luckily it has the KaiOS store tho.. but only 8 apps are available.

Comments

• Same here as I have the Arabic version..Which version do you have??
  • It has "Made in Vietnam" label inside the phone.
  • cefre00 cefre00
     / 

I am using this phone in Hungary and today morning I got v12.00.17.06.

I have Twitter in the app store, but it was available before and couple of games and a simple weather app. I have no Facebook, or anything else yet available.

• service city service city
     /  edited July 2018

Dear User,

For Nokia
    8110 (4G), latest SW version 12.00.17.06 is available for following product
    code.

To find the
    product code of your device please check device label under battery.

Product
    codes For Model TA-1059 (Dual SIM Other Countries)

23ARG03ROW2

23ARG04ROW2

23ARG05ROW2

23ARG08ROW2

23ARG09ROW2

23ARG10ROW2

23ARG11ROW2

23ARG18ROW2

23ARG20ROW2

23ARG22ROW2

23ARG25ROW2

Product code
    For Model TA-1067 (Single SIM Other Countries)

23ARG12ROW2

Product code
    For Model TA-1071 (Single SIM Europe Region)

23ARG05ROW1

23ARG11ROW1

23ARG14ROW1

Product code
    For Model TA-1048 (Dual SIM Europe Region)

23ARG01ROW1

23ARG02ROW1

23ARG03ROW1

23ARG04ROW1

23ARG10ROW1

23ARG15ROW1

• 23ARG09ROW2 i have this product code but i am still stuck at 10.my phone says i am upto date when i tried ...please help

• hrz11 hrz11
     / 

I have been waiting for an upgrade quite a long time now. My product is not on the list though. I have 23ARG14ROW2 (soft version. 11.00.17.03) and it is pretty limited. I bought it from Hong Kong and looks like there is some sort or region block or something. I cant upgrade (there's just no updates/upgrades), I have no new apps...basically what I bought that's what I have and doesn't look like anything is going to be updated (Bluetooth needs it desperately) . I would do this upgrade manually if someone knows a way and can point me a direction.

• abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 

2 days ago, I just got word from KaiOS Technologies a new update should be "Soon" but when is confidential. It is meant to fix many criticisms raised by users. Anyway their target date to resolve outstanding issues is the end of 2018 as mentioned somewhere in their blog.

• Brano Brano
     / 

I tried to update the firmware of my device.. after downloading it and try to install the update, it will fail to update it...23ARG18ROW2 my product code... please help..

• any updates on the new firmware version ... still nothing in europe / netherlands

m

• Nokia 8110 after update volte sim not working . :s :s :smile:
    I want sell this phone now.

• abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    For comparison, on the sticker of my box, it states:
    NOKIA 8110 4G TA-1059 DS
    SKU:16ARGY21A04
    Yellow
    MY SG
    MADE IN VIETNAM

The handphone was purchased from an official Malaysian Nokia vendor.
    My software version is currently 13.00.17.01.
    In the Store, there are currently 4 Utilities, 1 Social and 14 Games .

• Hi,

I have 23ARG25ROW2, for which there seems to be no software update from the update menu.

Is it possible to flash the latest firmware manually?

Tx.

• In India the same horrible problem. My phone has 10.05 version till today and no further update available. 
  • v14 availabled in some countries
    i'm leave here the update.zip
    nokia/hmd don't care about 8110 4g,,,,but why?
  • here is the update.zip

• here is the update.zip

Hi Hossain. Would this update work for phone of any country? I am in India and my phone is still on Ver 10.05. the app Store is a jiostore.
  • KamalS said:
    here is the update.zip

Hi Hossain. Would this update work for phone of any country? I am in India and my phone is still on Ver 10.05. the app Store is a jiostore.
    Hi KamalS
    i'm from Bangladesh
    the update.zip only for Vietnam
    in india all managed by jio
  • Seems 8110 is an April fool offer from Nokia to it's customers. That's why Nokia is apathetic to address problems of 8110 in India.
  • Seems 8110 is an April fool offer from Nokia to it's customers. That's why Nokia is apathetic to address problems of 8110 in India.
    yep for a normal user
    the main problem isdoing KaiOS
    they only increase the mobile phone not the apps
    this is foolishness 
  • HI,

I have the Nokia 8110 4G with model code 23ARG26ROW2. I cant update it. Any help would be appreciated.

Tx.

• Nokia 8110 is the worst phone of nokia, now I understood that why it cannot compete Samsung or iphone. I have bought it but has zero satisfaction. Please please don’t buy this phone it’s wast of your money, China phone is much more better this this one. Shame on nokia leadership and management, they have made worsen phone, it works very very slow. My suggestion is don’t buy if even you can get it for 5 $
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Your first mistake was to compare apples with pears
  • Rich Marks Rich Marks
    ✭✭  /  edited May 29
    abbas said:
    Your first mistake was to compare apples with pears
    No, the first mistake any of us made was to believe what HMD/Nokia promised about this phone from before it was launched (or should that be jettisoned) onto an unsuspecting but trusting customer base. 

Yeah, anyone expecting a £60 iPhone rival, dream on, it was never marketed as that, but its not what it was marketed as either

It doesn't compare even slightly with the old s30 & s40 OS dumbphones from proper Nokia let alone being a supposed bridge between dumb and smart devices.

KaiOS & HMD should have used the functionality of those OS's (e.g. Customisable shortcut buttons & homescreen) as a base from which to start building from, not the junk pile they have made. 

The ludicrous delay in providing social media/messaging capability despite these being used to con customers into believing they were getting a viable device & handing over real money for this device is shameful practice. 

It's like a kids science project that escaped into the marketplace by mistake. It is astonishing that KaiOS/HMD/Nokia can show no embarrassment or sense of duty to improve and inform customers properly over how they have and continue to promote this device.

My. Smartphone is up for change right now and I had been very seriously considering a top end Nokia but after the dispicable way in which they mislead and refuse to answer for the 8110 then my confidence in HMD/Nokia as an organisation I can trust is gone totally. 
  • Peter123 Peter123
     / 
    :( I have bought a 8110 on 29 May 2019. It cannot receive SMS until I force to power it down or reset phone. I have tried ti reach the SIM card provider and the phone shop, they both said OK. I have asked the NOKIA livechat and they suggest me to change the SIM card.
  • orips orips
     / 
    Peter123 said:
    :( I have bought a 8110 on 29 May 2019. It cannot receive SMS until I force to power it down or reset phone. I have tried ti reach the SIM card provider and the phone shop, they both said OK. I have asked the NOKIA livechat and they suggest me to change the SIM card.
    @Peter123
    The reason you have this problem is because you have v13. I too am suffering from this problem. I was also told to change the SIM and so I did, but it didn't solve the problem.

The situation at the moment is that there's a v16 which has bug fixes and also WhatsApp support but for some reason a lot of devices haven't received that update. Several people here are corresponding with KaiOS and Nokia and trying to push them to fix this problem and release the v16 update, but at the moment there's no change.

This situation is ridiculous and we are all really frustrated from it. I invite you to write to Nokia and KaiOS and demand them to release v16 for your device.

• orips orips
     / 
    v16 now available in Israel.