New models with confusing names - new phones forums needed!

Hi @HMD_Laura, @megan, @matteo.m,

New models with confusing names - new phones forums needed!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
HMD have just launched the 3.1A and 3.1C models in the USA. These models' names suggest they are like the 3.1 so there may be people who come to the 3.1 forum looking for help... however, these phones are not like the 3.1 at all! In fact, they're not the same as any existing HMD model as far as I can work out. So please create a new forum for these two phone models!
I would also like to repeat that we still a very confusing situation for the 3.1+ Cricket and the 2V. The 3.1+ Cricket is a unique model so should have its own forum, and the 2V is actually the 2.1, so the 2.1 forum name should be changed to 2.1 and 2V to help people find answers.
To complete this post, I would like to request a few more things:
  • Add an X71 forum
  • Merge 8.1 and X7
  • Include the X5 in the 5.1 plus forum
  • Include the X6 in the 6.1 plus forum
  • Bring back the forums for the original Nokia 7, Software and Accessories
None of this is hard to do, it's simple forum admin and would significantly help newcomers to the community as well as the existing community and of course you at HMD!
Cheers :)

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 2V has differences though. You flash the Nokia 2.1 firmware on it and your phone becomes a paperweight 😅
    But yes, otherwise it is essentially the same. And the forums can be merged. I think there are just too many models now and HMD needs to find some way to club the devices together.
    Since most phones have essentially the same software, I believe a software section can be added where general software related queries can be discussed.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk, thanks for that clarification about the 2V, I hadn't realised that. However, it makes sense that HMD would make it so that a carrier-specific device would be crippled if other firmware was installed! (I know this is not always the case, but it is one way to stop people buying the phone and using it on another network).
    Cheers :smiley:
  • Michael Ton Michael Ton
    ✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 2b is not a dual SIM like Nokia 2.1
  • Michael Ton Michael Ton
    ✭✭  / 
    Meant to say 2v