Bluetooth Earbuds issue

I recently got a pair of JBL Free X True Wireless Earbuds, the sound on these continually cut out, that's when the phone is in my hand, when I put my phone in my pocket the Bluetooth connection just cuts out completely.

Bluetooth Earbuds issue

Jkl2207 Jkl2207
✭✭  / 
I recently got a pair of JBL Free X True Wireless Earbuds, the sound on these continually cut out, that's when the phone is in my hand, when I put my phone in my pocket the Bluetooth connection just cuts out completely. I've tried these earbuds out with a Huawei nova 3i to confirm the earbuds weren't at fault and I didn't experience any sound cut outs or Bluetooth disconnections. So that rules out the earbuds themselves.

I've tried clearing the cache in the Bluetooth app and resetting the phone to no avail. My phone is running the latest version of Android and completely up to date with all the latest security patches.

I do have a pair of Nakamichi N-Energy plus Bluetooth Earphones, that has less connection issues, but I still experience the stutters and I still experience Bluetooth disconnections when I walk away half the distance of the range it was advertised that it operates, I didn't suspect much until my experience with the JBL's.

Is this a common issue with Bluetooth headsets when paired with the Nokia 8 Sirocco? Should I even bother trying to find a pair that won't stutter each time I pocket my phone or disconnect completely? 

Comments

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    I use my Nokia 8 Sirocco with Sony Bluetooth headset without any problems. Quality of sound is perfect even if I'm on 5 meters from the phone.
  • Jkl2207 Jkl2207
    ✭✭  / 
    > @valyo_bg said:
    > I use my Nokia 8 Sirocco with Sony Bluetooth headset without any problems. Quality of sound is perfect even if I'm on 5 meters from the phone.

What model Sony Bluetooth headset are you using? I'm going to try out different Bluetooth earbuds see if I can get some that have no connection issues.
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    This model: Sony MDR-ZX330BT
  • schadfield schadfield
    ✭✭  / 
    I get better BT connectivity if I put the device in my pocket with the USB slot at the top. The other way round doesn't work so well.
  • Tommy Hügel Tommy Hügel
    ✭✭  / 
    i have the same problem with 15€ cheapo bluetooth headphones and AirPods
    the slightest cloth or hand movement will make stop the audio playback
    Bluetooth connectivity on this phone is terrible :\
  • espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello

Did you check "Developer options" in "Setting"?  Default AVRCP of Nokia 8 Sirocco is "1.4".  And JBL Free X True Wireless Earbuds is using "1.6".
    It may improve connectivity.