[Issue] Nokia 5 not turning on

As the title says, my Nokia 5 does not turn on anymore, has this happened to anyone else before?  If so, did you fix it? How? I'll elaborate on what happened.

[Issue] Nokia 5 not turning on

Julián Salazar Julián Salazar
✭✭  /  edited June 20
As the title says, my Nokia 5 does not turn on anymore, has this happened to anyone else before?  If so, did you fix it? How?
I'll elaborate on what happened.

My device

Device: Nokia 5
Model: TA-1044
Date it was bought: 2018-12-15 (yyyy-mm-dd); 187 or 6 months & 5 days ago.
Android update: 9.0
Security Patch: May security patch

Process on how it happened.

1. At around 00:20 hours of today (2019-06-20) I was curious to try the Guest function of Android. I switched to guest mode, and then switched back to my user after a few minutes.
  2. I switched to guest mode again to see it again, and noticed that the recent apps function was like that of the one on Android 8 (swiped up to down) instead of the one in Android 9 (swiped left to right).
  3. I closed the guest user, deleting all its related data, switching me back to my user, then I decided to reboot it.
  4. When it rebooted, it couldn't read the micro SD card, so, after waiting a while to see if it changed, I rebooted it a second time.
  5. After showing the reboot screen for a while, the screen turned off, but never turned on again. I tried holding the power button for at least 10 seconds, but it did nothing.

Addendum

• At Tuesday of the same week (2019-16-18), I changed carrier for one of my SIM cards, but hadn't put the new SIM card given to me into the phone yet, as they told me that I had to change it by today.
  • The device was given to me carrier unlocked when I bought it.
  • I was charging it a few minutes before this happened, but disconnected it at 97%. Additionally, I don't usually charge it all night long, to take care of the device's battery.
  • I have never rooted nor hacked the device.
  • I've accessed Recovery Mode before, to reset the phone as I had forgotten my password.
Tagged: