Slow charging rate on my Nokia 8.1

Few days back I got a replacement Nokia 8.1 for my Nokia 7 plus. Now I notice that it is not charging as fast as Nokia 7 plus did.

Slow charging rate on my Nokia 8.1

Few days back I got a replacement Nokia 8.1 for my Nokia 7 plus. Now I notice that it is not charging as fast as Nokia 7 plus did.
In ampere app I can see it is charging at max rate of 970 mA. Is it only with my device or all Nokia 8.1 charge at same rate. Please reply, thanks.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, Nokia 8.1 will only charge faster when the screen is turned off. It will go back to slower charging when the device is in use.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The screen is on

• In Nokia 7 plus normal charge rate was around 1500-1800 mA and fast charging rate was 2400mA. Install the app and share a screenshot of your charge rate.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Please stop comparing it to other phones. I've already mentioned that Nokia 8.1 only fast charges when the screen is off. You can do that test by using a stopwatch to measure the charging time.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    In Nokia 7 plus normal charge rate was around 1500-1800 mA and fast charging rate was 2400mA. Install the app and share a screenshot of your charge rate.

Using Ampere my charge rate is no more than 1A when the screen is on, my Nokia 8 used to go to 2.5A with the screen on and get really hot in doing so. However my Nokia 8.1 isn't my Nokia 8 and it clearly has a different charging regime to protect the battery, not only does the Nokia 8.1 remain very cool when charging it charges very fast when the screen is off.
  • Yogithesailor Yogithesailor
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Has anybody noticed the actualbattery capacity. Mine always comes less than 3500 mAh. Even when the phone was new, it used to show around 3200 mah. Is it just my unit or the app is measuring it wrongly. All my previous phones used to show near 100 percent till one year at least. Can anyone else measure and report ? I used accubattery app btw to measure the actul battery capacity.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Checked accubattery for myself and it finds estimated capacity as 3415mAh. I'm not sure if it is supposed to change after a few more cycles.

• Yogithesailor Yogithesailor
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk
    3415 still means more than 97 percent. Mine was around 3200 within 1st week. Looks like its a lower capacity one in my phone. Thnx for ur effort though.
  • Jonk Jonk
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    My Nokia 8.1 charged from 15% to 67% in 1hour on airplane mode and with the screen turned off. I don't know if that is called a fast charger. Coz my Moto z play charges faster than this. And also my phones usb type c fits in good but still wiggles. Should I replace or is it ok. Help needed.
  • Jonk Jonk
    ✭✭  / 
    15% to 98% in 2hours on airplane mode and no screen on time while charging. Disappointed. Should I go for a replacement or not. Can't decide. Total disappointment 😭
  • himadri swain himadri swain
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia claims 0-50% in 30 min. And next 50% around 1hour. Today for the first time i charged it from 0-100% and it took 2hours and 10min. This is very slow. Should i go to the care? 
  • Hi everyone, I'm facing similar issue with my Nokia 8.1, replaced the mobile but still the charging rat
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Jonk said:
    15% to 98% in 2hours on airplane mode and no screen on time while charging. Disappointed. Should I go for a replacement or not. Can't decide. Total disappointment 😭
    That is perfectly normal for the method of charging the Nokia 8.1 uses, all the fast charging happens in the earlier bit of the charge, as you pointed out 15% to 67% in 1hour (the fastest bit of the charge is 0% to 50%). As the battery get fuller and fuller it gets slower and slower to protect the battery.

FWIW charging on Airplane mode makes very little difference to the charge rate.
  • It tooks more than 3 hours(nearly 4 hours) to full charge Nokia 2 4100mAh battery under 5V, 2A..
    LoL!
  • Leela319 Leela319
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8.1, worst phone ever fir ever 
    Charging time takes 3 hours 
    I used and checked with 4 type of c chargers ,😠😠😠😠😠😠
    Nokia 7 plus charger  slow
    Nokia 8.1, charger.  Slow
    Microsoft 18watt charger slow 
    Mi 15 watt charger slow 
    I think Nokia it department ment not fixed this bug with new update 😠😠😠😠😠😠
    I never buy one more time Nokia device
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8.1, worst phone ever fir ever 
    Charging time takes 3 hours 
    I used and checked with 4 type of c chargers ,😠😠😠😠😠😠
    Nokia 7 plus charger  slow
    Nokia 8.1, charger.  Slow
    Microsoft 18watt charger slow 
    Mi 15 watt charger slow 
    I think Nokia it department ment not fixed this bug with new update 😠😠😠😠😠😠
    I never buy one more time Nokia device

Fast charging only happens when the screen is turned off. If you're testing it in turned on state, you'll never get any success.
  • I'm also facing the same issue.

I bought on oct15th at that time fast charging works.

But after Dec I'm facing this charging difference.very slow.

Mobile comes with 18w change but suddenly after two months it's change 10w.

My usage is same before and after.

I feel the difference.

Recent days i never see my mobile in full charge.

Hope Nokia guys address this issue and solve it.

Thank you.

• Sandipan 199 Sandipan 199
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also having same problem after 2 months it's look loke I'm using a 10w charger not a 18w charger Even i went to the service center but they told no issue in my port now a days i just hate nokia phones 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡