Charging only works on one side of the USB-C cable

My Nokia 8.1 charging only works on one side of the USB-C cable. I tried 3 usb type c cables but all show same result. What may be the possible cause????

Charging only works on one side of the USB-C cable

Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
✭✭  /  edited June 24
My Nokia 8.1 charging only works on one side of the USB-C cable. I tried 3 usb type c cables but all show same result.
What may be the possible cause????
@Argho Sarkar
@NIMISHA
@singhnsk
@PSHND
@mrbelter
@seanetta
@Conqueror

Comments

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That's strange never heard such an issue before. Is there dirt or dust inside the port or cables?? Sometimes affects it
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 24
    @Ravinder Bhambhu don't worry, it happened with me as well, but slowly after that it stops charging from both side. As we have 6 .onths warranty I got a replacement of it. :) You should take replacement as well. 

Edit: I didn't get replacement instant because of out of stock, so within that time I purchased mi 2 in 1 usb cable that works fine. But you should first visit service centre. :smile:
  • Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
    ✭✭  /  edited June 25
    @Ravinder Bhambhu don't worry, it happened with me as well, but slowly after that it stops charging from both side. As we have 6 .onths warranty I got a replacement of it. :) You should take replacement as well. 

Edit: I didn't get replacement instant because of out of stock, so within that time I purchased mi 2 in 1 usb cable that works fine. But you should first visit service centre. :smile:
    I tried samsung and mi usb type c cables and chargers but all show same behaviour, I think there may be problem in the charging point of phone.
    ✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    That's strange never heard such an issue before. Is there dirt or dust inside the port or cables?? Sometimes affects it
    No dirt /debris inside the phone or cable.
    Cleaning already done.
  • pepes gk pepes gk
    ✭✭  / 
    You should visit service centre for issue.
  • Incredible Hulk Incredible Hulk
    ✭✭  / 
    Even I am facing the same issue for the past few days.
    ✭✭  / 
    My Nokia 8.1 charging only works on one side of the USB-C cable. I tried 3 usb type c cables but all show same result.
    @Argho Sarkar
    @NIMISHA
    @singhnsk
    @PSHND
    @mrbelter
    @seanetta
    @Conqueror

Submitted my nokia 8.1 on 30th june to nokia care they said that some pins of charging port of phone are broken and repair will cost Rs.1,650/- . I never used charging cable and charger other than provided in the box.
    I had no option other than to pay the money and got my phone after 11 days and the back glass pasting was not upto the company fitted quality.
    Even they provided a hand written bill of repairing instead of electronically generated bill.
    I think HMD is just looting our money.
    Please give your views on this topic......
    @Nimisha
    @NIMISHA
    @argho [email protected]"Argho Sarkar"
    @singhnsk
    @singhnsk

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 9
    I guess you are not the only one facing fraud . Nokia adopts  similar practice for Nokia 6.1 plus users who have charging issues. It states that there has been water damage to charging slot and it charges 2,500 to 3,000 INR when water damage does not even exist. The same also happens with Nokia 7 Plus devices.
    I guess nokiN has finally dug it's own grave, to be honest.
    ✭✭  / 
    Tejas01 said:
    I guess you are not the only one facing fraud . Nokia adopts  similar practice for Nokia 6.1 plus users who have charging issues. It states that there has been water damage to charging slot and it charges 2,500 to 3,000 INR when water damage does not even exist. The same also happens with Nokia 7 Plus devices.
    I guess nokiN has finally dug it's own grave, to be honest.
    what about bill slip, was it hand written or electronically generated??
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar
    @NIMISHA
    @singhnsk
    @PSHND
    @mrbelter
    @seanetta
    @Conqueror

Submitted my nokia 8.1 on 30th june to nokia care they said that some pins of charging port of phone are broken and repair will cost Rs.1,650/- . I never used charging cable and charger other than provided in the box.
    I had no option other than to pay the money and got my phone after 11 days and the back glass pasting was not upto the company fitted quality.
    Even they provided a hand written bill of repairing instead of electronically generated bill.
    I think HMD is just looting our money.
    Please give your views on this topic......
    @Nimisha
    @NIMISHA
    @argho [email protected]"Argho Sarkar"
    @singhnsk
    @singhnsk

I can feel you bro, happened with my last device(not Nokia). Till now, my device is fine, checked right now.

But recently, I have seen alot of reports on port issues of Nokia 6.1 Plus,5.1 Plus, 7 Plus and now even our Nokia 8.1. It just feels like HMD just gave the external looks all the necessary build quality while the internals weren't that good quality. Unhappy to hear these things. For bill, it depends on the service centre whether printed or hand written one but the service centre needs to be Nokia authorised. 

As of now, last option is to pay the amount and get your device fixed. I don't see any other options. If it's under warranty, ask them to replace the 8.1 with a newer one. Try contacting them with mail support.
  • Rohit Gadge Rohit Gadge
     / 
    I was going to buy Nokia 81 but. I found may people having the charging port issue. Today or tomorrow. This broke my heart. I not thinking of buying Nokia 8.1 now.
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I was going to buy Nokia 81 but. I found may people having the charging port issue. Today or tomorrow. This broke my heart. I not thinking of buying Nokia 8.1 now.
    It's your loss... ;) This device is great, but hey, what do I know? :grin: