My Current Version Status As Of Today

OS version Ver 2.5.1 Software version Ver 16.00.17.00 Facebook Ver. 1.2.9 Messenger Ver. 1.2.9 Google Maps Ver. 2019.515.0 Google Assistant Ver.

My Current Version Status As Of Today

abbas abbas
✭✭✭  / 
OS version Ver 2.5.1
Software version Ver 16.00.17.00
Facebook Ver. 1.2.9
Messenger Ver. 1.2.9
Google Maps Ver. 2019.515.0
Google Assistant Ver. 3.2.1
Google Search Ver. 22.01.2019
Twitter Rel. June 4, 2019
YouTube Ver.1.32.55
WhatsApp Ver. 2.19.183

Comments

• araz17m araz17m
    ✭✭  / 
    There's a new update for Google Assistant.
  • araz17m araz17m
    ✭✭  / 
    My Version of Facebook is 1.3.0 and I'm from the Philippines.
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My status is 
    OS 2.51
    Software 16.00.17.03
    Platform Version 48.0a2
    FB lite 1.3.0
    Whatsapp Version 2.19.187

Have to report that battery now last about 2 days with minimal use. Use to last 5 days. 
  • Allessilo Allessilo
    ✭✭  / 
    Status compared to Cat B35

- Cat B35 more reactive (2x1.3 Ghz, very good to navigate and type, no lag at all!)
    - Shortcuts apps on Home screen (unfortunately can’t choose them, kaistore, assistant, map, youtube)
    - Shortcuts from center pad but no quick settings.
    - Screen surprisingly worse than Nokia’s (brighter but colder, angle worse)
    - Kai news app works, not the case on the nokia
    - Buttons much too loud when typing!
    - SAR value 1.88! Much higher than Nokia’s 0.952
    - Bluetooth as bad as Nokia’s, not memorizing the authorization.
    - Music app as bad as Nokia’s, although faster (no playlist, no podcast, listened recently and recently added don’t work)
    - WhatsApp works well on both (still no WhatsApp web)
    - Cat B35 twice more expensive than Nokia 8110 and the others hardware differencies can be found on the net

Lots of things could be improved on both devices thanks to software updates.
  • Allessilo Allessilo
    ✭✭  / 
    also:

- file manager on Cat B35
    - no preloaded apps!
  • duberry duberry
    ✭✭  / 
    Allessilo said:
    Status compared to Cat B35

- Cat B35 more reactive (2x1.3 Ghz, very good to navigate and type, no lag at all!)
    - Shortcuts apps on Home screen (unfortunately can’t choose them, kaistore, assistant, map, youtube)
    - Shortcuts from center pad but no quick settings.
    - Screen surprisingly worse than Nokia’s (brighter but colder, angle worse)
    - Kai news app works, not the case on the nokia
    - Buttons much too loud when typing!
    - SAR value 1.88! Much higher than Nokia’s 0.952
    - Bluetooth as bad as Nokia’s, not memorizing the authorization.
    - Music app as bad as Nokia’s, although faster (no playlist, no podcast, listened recently and recently added don’t work)
    - WhatsApp works well on both (still no WhatsApp web)
    - Cat B35 twice more expensive than Nokia 8110 and the others hardware differencies can be found on the net

Lots of things could be improved on both devices thanks to software updates.
    I forgot about this phone. 2300mah battery too. In your opinion better than the Nokia? 
  • duberry duberry
    ✭✭  / 
    https://www.energizeyourdevice.com/en/mobiles/product/details/energy-e241-new/

How about this Keith? Not 4g but looks not too far from the nokia 3310 3g. Has kaios and whatsapp. With the cat 35b I think hmd are going to have to up their game. Looks like I’ve been abandoned as a nokia 3310 customer so not gonna wait for hmd if they don’t want people’s custom.

Would people think the mobiwire oneida or kaios device is better? Not sure what to do tbh. Hopefully kai won’t sell out completely to google otherwise its another android operating system. 
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @duberry The energizer phone certainly looks nice. 
    The MobiWire Oneida is very good at what it does. No additional apps or app store but Whatsapp is basically the Android version. Same as Facebook Lite. Everything else you do via the browser. You can't customise any shortcuts. The 8110 does more with the Google Maps (ideal for walking) YouTube and (spoken) assistant. Since my update battery is terrible. 
    The energizer phone not coming out until September/October earliest. 
    In UK probably best option by far is the Nokia 1. About same price as 8110 and since update battery life about the same.