Ouch! Nokia OZO/Oppo partnership gets front page treatment!

Hi all,This has got to be a shock for HMD. Nokia have decided to give front-page treatment to their partnership with Oppo for OZO Audio on the Reno 10x Zoom:

Ouch! Nokia OZO/Oppo partnership gets front page treatment!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
This has got to be a shock for HMD. Nokia have decided to give front-page treatment to their partnership with Oppo for OZO Audio on the Reno 10x Zoom: https://ozo.nokia.com/en.html
They've also updated their info about the OZO Audio product portfolio with a blog: https://ozo.nokia.com/en/news/blogs/Introducing-new-Nokia-OZO-capabilities-for-2019.html
I can't believe HMD let this happen. What. A. Shocker.
:(
Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Because HMD failed. And Nokia never said that it had an exclusive deal with HMD. They since forever have been inviting OEMs to use their OZO options. The deal is cooked, and Nokia knows OPPO can be a much bigger exposure and future revenue stream than HMD and its already slowing down business xD Plus HMD failed to cook any meat out of the OZO audio.
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Fun Fact: Here is prototype Nokia Device. Seems like a prototype from 2017-18 era(Start of HMD)
    Look at the first image. It's clearly a Nokia. Maybe they planned to Introduce OZO right from the start? Maybe then HMD could've grown even bigger than they are right now.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @MatteBlacke, I'm not sure that's a prototype, it looks identical to my Nokia 8 which was the first phone with OZO Audio I think.
    Cheers :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I haven't found a decent review of the OPPO Reno 10x zoom which properly tests and describes the OZO audio yet. I'd like to read a comparison with the 9PV.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    I haven't found a decent review of the OPPO Reno 10x zoom which properly tests and describes the OZO audio yet. I'd like to read a comparison with the 9PV.
    It is being decently advertised during the Cricket World Cup. There should be enough takers and I guess we will have some good reviews ready by the time the world cup finishes.
  • Laze Sun Laze Sun
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia OZO Audio 技术一开始就是外卖的,只不过 HMD 是第一个客户罢了。
    诺基亚一直都在试图外卖这项技术,特别在 OZO 项目砍掉之后,但是原来只有 HMD 购买这项技术。现在有了新的买家,对于诺基亚来说是个好事儿。

Nokia OZO Audio technology for sale at first place,  especially after the OZO project was aborted, but it was only HMD that bought the technology. Now with new buyers, it is a good thing for Nokia.
  • Andycool2025 Andycool2025
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I can't believe Nokia.(HMD)
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Even Nokia sees that HMD is a failure. 💀