fingerprint not persisting after restart of phone from battery drained off state

4 fingerprints added to the phone once after the phone is automatically turned off after 0% battery restarted phone after charging doesn't have the stored…

fingerprint not persisting after restart of phone from battery drained off state

santhum08 santhum08
✭✭  / 
4 fingerprints added to the phone
once after the phone is automatically turned off after 0% battery
restarted phone after charging doesn't have the stored fingerprint data.

Comments

• MatteBlacke MatteBlacke
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Phones generally do not accept Finger Prints and accepts only the pattern, PIN or password when switched on from Off state, In your case power off after 0%. It is a security feature.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Phones generally do not accept Finger Prints and accepts only the pattern, PIN or password when switched on from Off state, In your case power off after 0%. It is a security feature.
    You have misunderstood the problem, the Nokia 8 forgets fingerprints when the power gets too low and it shuts off on its own. When you restart the phone and got past the initial log in the fingerprint scanner does not work as it should, it is a very long standing problem.
  • eetu seppälä eetu seppälä
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here. After a reboot when charging and 5% battery phone forgot all fingerprints. And it get "funnier": fingerprint reader won't save the fingers that it forgot. Only new fingers. Or soon to be toes.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Do a restart (maybe soft reset needed) and the phone will let you add "old" fingers again ...
  • user1539957692309 user1539957692309
    ✭✭  /  edited July 16
    This happens with the June security update as well, on Nokia 8 running Android Pie. It has been annoying to keep adding fingerprints over and over again.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    As long you don't let the phone run flat and do an immediate restart (instead of waiting for 20% charge), you don't have to ...
  • -8- -8-
     / 
    I have the exact same problem with my Nokia 8. Only when the phone automatically shuts down after low battery it seems to "forget" previous stored finger prints. However, when trying to add the same finger prints it says it can't do that. After a reboot the finger prints are still gone but at least the forgotten finger prints can be added again.

I think this started happening after the Pie update. A soft reset does not fix the problem.
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've never had this issue.

I think the reason I don't get this.... I very rarely let the phone completely run flat and if it does it gets put on charge for at least 30 mins before turning it back on.

It's this last part that I think is the problem.
    People are putting the phone on charge and immediately turning it back on.
    Leave it to get above 20% before switching it back on.
    Doesn't take long on the stock fast charger.