How to transfer files from PC to Nokia 8.1 via USB cable

Hey guys.... I tried to transfer files to my Nokia 8.1 but when I connected the USB I couldn't see anything. I then tried downloading driver but nothing works.

How to transfer files from PC to Nokia 8.1 via USB cable

Daguah Daguah
✭✭  / 
Hey guys.... I tried to transfer files to my Nokia 8.1 but when I connected the USB I couldn't see anything. I then tried downloading driver but nothing works. Anyone with a solution?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, on the phone, you need to pull down the notifications and set the USB mode from charging to data transfer.

MTP mode essentially doesn't need any drivers. Can you tell which version of windows are you using? It can have some issues with XP, but should be good with new versions.
  • Daguah Daguah
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm using windows 8.1. I tried that but it didn't work
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Daguah said:
    I'm using windows 8.1. I tried that but it didn't work
    Strange. The device does not show in the PC at all? Does it make the USB connect sound? Please check the Windows Device Manager to confirm.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 3
    @Daguah
    MTP requires some additional media player components in Windows N versions. Please check:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions

(And USB debugging must not be enabled on the phone).

- and never install 'drivers' from dubious websites.
  • Artlikker Artlikker
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm having same problem with Nokia 7.1 phone. I have videos on phone but can no longer transfer to PC