Pie problems

Hello, Ever since Android Pie update has been rolled out (Oct-Nov 2018) the my 6.1 Plus degraded seriously - a lot of bugs were introduced and 9 months later nothing is basically fixed.  I'm based in Europe (Bulgaria to be exact) and I always update my phone when new update is rolled out (current version is from May), but that doesn't seem to fix anything.

Pie problems

NikolayK NikolayK
✭✭  / 
Hello,

Ever since Android Pie update has been rolled out (Oct-Nov 2018) the my 6.1 Plus degraded seriously - a lot of bugs were introduced and 9 months later nothing is basically fixed. 

I'm based in Europe (Bulgaria to be exact) and I always update my phone when new update is rolled out (current version is from May), but that doesn't seem to fix anything.

Here are several of the issues that I'm facing, at least the ones that annoy me the most:

1. On unlocked screen, the battery indicator and part of clock are being cut-off by the rounded edges of the display - Nokia, you can't fix that for 9 months, are you serious?!?! 

2. Double tap to wake - it's not working since Pie update, no options to be re-enabled are available in the settings menu.

3. Battery saver can not be manually enabled. If the phone dies because of low battery and you charge it when it's turned off, you can not disabled it either, you have to kill the 'saver' app - that's not OK.

4. Cast functionality is not working at all - it didn't work before Pie, but it could be fixed. 

Gf's cheaper Xiaomi A2 Lite works much better and the updates actually fix the bugs, then why Nokia fails to fix anything?

I'm not even mentioning the crashes and freezes. 

Has anyone found a solution to these problems? I see in some of the videos in youtube, the clock and the battery indicator look fine, not sure whether the videos were shot before Pie and released after the update, though. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Im having the exact same phone with 0 of the problems you mentioned. I recommend you do and backup and factory reset the phone. I generally recommend factory resetting any phone after a major android update.

Good Luck!
  • Chizoba Ojini Chizoba Ojini
    ✭✭✭  / 
    1. For double tap to wake, go-to settings >> display >> tap to wake

2. To activate battery saver, either pull down your notification area and swipe until you see batter saver, if it's not there click on the pen like icon close to settings and drag and drop it where it will be visible. Second method is to go to settings >> battery >> battery saver you can disable automatic turn on then click on turn on now.

I hope this helps😎
  • NikolayK NikolayK
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Thank you, Captain Obvious, it doesn't help.

1 There is no such setting.

(the theme setting is right bellow the Ambient Display, but nothing else),

2 The battery saver icon is not clickable. 

And the there is no "battery saver" settings.

Perhaps, the updates Nokia releases for the different locations are different, but I still can not find the logic to fix bugs for one location and release pure garbage for another.

• Theplay66 Theplay66
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,

Ever since Android Pie update has been rolled out (Oct-Nov 2018) the my 6.1 Plus degraded seriously - a lot of bugs were introduced and 9 months later nothing is basically fixed. 

I'm based in Europe (Bulgaria to be exact) and I always update my phone when new update is rolled out (current version is from May), but that doesn't seem to fix anything.

Here are several of the issues that I'm facing, at least the ones that annoy me the most:

1. On unlocked screen, the battery indicator and part of clock are being cut-off by the rounded edges of the display - Nokia, you can't fix that for 9 months, are you serious?!?! 

2. Double tap to wake - it's not working since Pie update, no options to be re-enabled are available in the settings menu.

3. Battery saver can not be manually enabled. If the phone dies because of low battery and you charge it when it's turned off, you can not disabled it either, you have to kill the 'saver' app - that's not OK.

4. Cast functionality is not working at all - it didn't work before Pie, but it could be fixed. 

Gf's cheaper Xiaomi A2 Lite works much better and the updates actually fix the bugs, then why Nokia fails to fix anything?

I'm not even mentioning the crashes and freezes. 

Has anyone found a solution to these problems? I see in some of the videos in youtube, the clock and the battery indicator look fine, not sure whether the videos were shot before Pie and released after the update, though. 

i have same problem...Nokia you is very bad...the version of my Smartphone is 6gb Ram...the problems is only 6gb ram...Nokia you sleep for more time?? please you fix NOW the bug
  • NikolayK NikolayK
    ✭✭  / 
    Yep, mine is also the version with 6gb RAM. 
    Perhaps, that's the key to the mystery. 
  • Theplay66 Theplay66
    ✭✭  / 
    Im having the exact same phone with 0 of the problems you mentioned. I recommend you do and backup and factory reset the phone. I generally recommend factory resetting any phone after a major android update.

Good Luck!
    the factory reset NO FIX THE PROBLEMS...I have done many times the factory reset but the problems is presents
  • NikolayK NikolayK
    ✭✭  / 
    So, the June update just came-in and nothing is fixed. Thank you, Nokia, for providing the worst user experience. 
  • Chizoba Ojini Chizoba Ojini
    ✭✭✭  / 

Perhaps, the updates Nokia releases for the different locations are different, but I still can not find the logic to fix bugs for one location and release pure garbage for another.

Wow, I'm really surprised that none of this options are available in your device. You should return the device and discuss with customer care, on how to replace your phone
  • Theplay66 Theplay66
    ✭✭  / 

Wow, I'm really surprised that none of this options are available in your device. You should return the device and discuss with customer care, on how to replace your phone 

i have 100% same problems...the version defect is only 6gb Ram....Nokia Hmd is a very bad in the world..the software Team Nokia is ridiculous..Nokia i hope you out of the global market
  • Any one having problem with data connection ON & OFF after June update..
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    This will happen on. Nokia X6 TA-1099 flashed to global firmware. But the SKUID isn't adaquately changed to represent a WW phone. Which confuses the software, the system tells that it is a CN device, but the loaded software says it is WW. Hence the problems happen.
    That's the core of these errors. Only a person with service access and knowledge of the SKUID functionality can fix it. Currently I only know myself who can do this, but that's probably not worth talking here 😅