June Gone No update. Android One Failed. HMD failed. Boycott HMD

It's high time we all should come out of old Nokia fan club and boycott HMD.  Nokia 6.1 is Android mobile but HMD is ruining name of Nokia and Android One.

June Gone No update. Android One Failed. HMD failed. Boycott HMD

OnlyMeDev OnlyMeDev
✭✭  /  edited June 30
It's high time we all should come out of old Nokia fan club and boycott HMD. 
Nokia 6.1 is Android mobile but HMD is ruining name of Nokia and Android One.
Recently HMD also made an announcement for Nokia 2 mobile that it's not compatible for Android pie and future updates.
So in short HMD have broken their promise of regular updates. 
First failure is their price. Within 6 months after launching of new Mobile they reduce prices upto 30%. And now updates. 
HMD is a failure. 
We all should boycott HMD guys don't be in old fan club of Nokia. 
This is not Nokia this is HMD

Comments

• user1525788390798 user1525788390798
    ✭✭  / 
    We need not boycott Nokia. It is already fading away in India. They tried to reduce prices of all Nokia devices but there are no sales because everyone knows how HMD Global customer service is. There won't be Nokia devices in India from now onwards.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    New pie build+june2019 security patch receiving In Some markets V 3.54E for Nokia 6.1 and 308 MB in size
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Sangorav Sangorav
    ✭✭  / 
    I haven't recieved either.
  • Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭  / 
    sangorav said:
    I haven't recieved either.
    No need for this update because some users received this update with lots of bugs like no data on mobile. Just stay with stable software before updating your mobile try to look around community about stability of update.
    This is true HMD Global is fail in India. Next time try Realme , Redmi or any other. my 2nd device Vivo Y51l receive update after 3 years ( Not os updates 😅, UI update) i think now all oem try to provide updates. ( Asus is very bad in this one).
  • tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    To reply this thread I copy/paste a previous answer:

First, I never was part of the Nokia fan club. My choice for Nokia 6.1 was rational, I had to choose between it and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. I chose sturdy body over better camera. Till now, Nokia did not disappoint me. My only complaint is that Nokia 6.1 does not do wardriving yet. But things will improve in Android Q which I guess will come in November.

It was a comparison between the two phones done by a  reliable Dutch hardware reviews journal. Their choice was A2 Lite, but they agreed that 6.1 could be used to break someone's skull. So, yes, that means really sturdy.
  • OnlyMeDev OnlyMeDev
    ✭✭  / 
    So you mean you buy mobile just ti break skull ? 
    Well there many other cheap instruments to break someone's skull
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    OnlyMeDev said:
    So you mean you buy mobile just ti break skull ? 
    Well there many other cheap instruments to break someone's skull
    What's more solid will definitely last longer. Here in India, the smartphone use and throw rate has skyrocketed since the arrival of the Chinese brands which are dumping phones at throw-away prices. The sacrifices are made on hardware and cash is pumped into the exclusively online marketing, co-powered by the reviewers who will compare what's on paper and the recommendation begins.
    Whereas, move to the EU and you still see a very good usage pattern. People use their devices for longer and the durability & sturdiness does come out as a factor for those. EU also enjoys 2-years of hardware warranty, which I believe should be standard, and I wish our governments force OEMs to do that. Sell products for a higher price, but ensure that they last longer. That will help us reduce the unnecessary e-waste.
  • user1526030259730 user1526030259730
    ✭✭  / 
    Get a life.
  • OnlyMeDev OnlyMeDev
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes exactly get a life
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Its good that this update has not been released to India. Read the link to know why - https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/49651/june-update-no-internet-connection-mobile-internet#latest
  • Sangorav Sangorav
    ✭✭  / 
    oh! thank you for the information.