Is Nokia 9 PureView no longer compatible with Google ARCore? - Page 2

Same question too. HMD don't even answer or reply any topic. That really make users disappoint.

Is Nokia 9 PureView no longer compatible with Google ARCore?

Comments

• Will White Will White
    ✭✭  / 

Same question too. HMD don't even answer or reply any topic. That really make users disappoint. Minecraft Earth has released beta on Google play and Nokia 9 Pureview still doesn't support ARCore so it can be installed.

I really can't understand being a flagship mobile on 2019, why did HMD decide this choice? HOW DARE YOU?🤯

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Looking at their list of devices it only seems to be the first gens and the .1 production lines.

Maybe when the .2 lines update with ARCore the 9 will be included?

It is very annoying that our requests fall on deaf ears.

• Rasd Rasd
    ✭✭  / 

Can anyone help passing this through? @HMDLaura@Hmd? Who should we be referring to have this question answered? I can't believe it's impossible to implement and it's incredibly frustrating not to see any answer, or even acknowledgement of the problem. We are so far after the release and still there is no response?

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Pokemon Go had the AR+ icon on my nokia 9 today... It never has that. I gave it a press and it jumped to AR mode... Just with a blank screen 😂

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

It really wants to work!

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Last time I was able to install AR core services from an apk. I don't know if it is useful or not. 🙄

• Rasd Rasd
    ✭✭  / 

Was it actually working for you? I am able to install an apk, but the first time I try AR, the app using it crashes. Where did you get it from?

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nope. It just installs, but never works. Nokia 9 is not in the supported devices list. Even 6.1 plus is supported. I tried webXR samples in chrome beta... It didn't work.

• Jandemee Jandemee
    ✭✭  / 

Ich denke das HMD überhaupt keine Software Programmierer beschäftigt hat.

Da arbeiten nur einige wenige Marketing Strategen!

Ich bin mir da mittlerweile ziemlich sicher.

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

There is now a feature in Google search, It shows life size AR models of certain Animals when you search their name. This option to'view in your space' is only found in ARCore supported devices ☹️. So Nokia 6.1 plus has this option and 9 Pureview doesn't have this option.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I am fed up with the lack of response from Nokia / HMD about this. Their phones just stopped supporting this after gen 1.