Stranger Things coming to Android

Hey y’all, In case you haven’t heard (especially all the mobile gamers in our Nokia
phones community):

Stranger Things coming to Android

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  /  edited July 16

Hey y’all,

In case you haven’t heard (especially all the mobile gamers in our Nokia phones community): Stranger Things is bringing a mobile game to Android!

The upcoming game will feature cartoon animation and is rumored to be very Pokemon Go-esque. Players will fight back creatures from the ‘Upside Down’ in the mobile game. Developers, Next Games, are working with a Google Maps integration to allow users to explore their own streets with their friends.

This game is developed with multiplayer play in mind, with a focus on friendship prevailing over evil, much like in the TV show. The new game is separate from the previous promised version of Stranger Things, which unfortunately never came to fruition.

The game is set to be launched in 2020 on Android and if it’s as good as the TV show then we cannot wait to play it.

Are you looking forward to the launch of the Stranger Things mobile game? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm afraid I had to look up what "stranger things" is! :sweat_smile:
    Now that I have I'm quite intrigued as I was expecting something cartooney like Pokémon Go but I presume this will be a bit more serious.
    Would I get time to play it though, and then when would I read the forum? ;)
    Cheers :)
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:

Hey y’all,

In case you haven’t heard (especially all the mobile gamers in our Nokia phones community): Stranger Things is bringing a mobile game to Android!

The upcoming game will feature cartoon animation and is rumored to be very Pokemon Go-esque. Players will fight back creatures from the ‘Upside Down’ in the mobile game. Developers, Next Games, are working with a Google Maps integration to allow users to explore their own streets with their friends.

This game is developed with multiplayer play in mind, with a focus on friendship prevailing over evil, much like in the TV show. The new game is separate from the previous promised version of Stranger Things, which unfortunately never came to fruition.

The game is set to be launched in 2020 on Android and if it’s as good as the TV show then we cannot wait to play it.

Are you looking forward to the launch of the Stranger Things mobile game? Let us know in the comments below.

Thanks @HMD_Laura for giving the info about the game based on "Stranger Things". It will super awesome. It would be awesome to have powers like Eleven
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The 2017 game was already good, and this year's game will be better, but AR, meh I'll pass. It'll be like Harry Potter. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Does HMD or Nokia have some involvement in this game? Otherwise I'm curious as to why this is an announcement in the forum...? However, stranger things happened, hohohohoho! :D
    ....I'll get my coat!
    Cheers :smiley:
  • chisom max chisom max
    ✭✭  / 
    OMG are you for real 
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As far as the TV show goes, it should very well be called "Usual Things". 🙃

• HMDLaura HMDLaura
    Staff member  / 
    Hi everyone :D 

nice to see some different reactions to it. @madbilly no we are not involved in it - it just caught our attention and we wanted to see what our members think about it :)

I'm not a a big "Stranger things" fan either but curious how the game will look like. Also have to agree with @GTR12 the Harry Potter game is a bit of a disappointment.  
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 17
    But why do you want to know what we think about it? What are HMD planning to do... are you going to sponsor a game now, or make one?! Are you going to make a properly AR version of Snake?! :grey_question: :wink:
    I actually think that could be quite fun. However if you want to get serious about AR then you really need to make sure your flagship phone is properly certified for ARCore - before the 9PV currently isn't on the list: https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices
    Cheers :)
    PS - why isn't there an emoji for snake on this forum? :D
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Snake - 🐍
  • dragontattoo dragontattoo
     / 
    is this true??
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    is this true??
    No, it's a lie 🙄