The Badge Review!

Hi all,I think most of you will have received at least one badge by now - if you haven't then maybe this post will help you work out why :)You can see a list of available badges here:

The Badge Review!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
I think most of you will have received at least one badge by now - if you haven't then maybe this post will help you work out why :)
You can see a list of available badges here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/badges/
Note that badges are separate from ranks and stars. Since the forum changes a few weeks ago it's no longer clear how ranks and stars are related to what we do.https://community.phones.nokia.com/badge/paparazzi
So how do you get these badges?
  • Comments - make more comments and get more badges, starting with Speaking Up! The highest badge anyone has got so far is 1000 comments - top chatterboxes are @mrbelter, @singhnsk, @wilson shrestha :mrgreen: and someone else who appears to have deleted their account (or been banned) - who was this? The top badge here is for 50000 comments! It will take a long time to get there...
  • Be agreeable! The more people click "agree" on your posts the more badges you will eventually get. Currently the most agreeable people are the aforementioned top chatterboxes as well as @NIMISHA , @nitin kachare, @marsic, @user1520881638007 and HMD team member @matteo.m ! :smiley: Note that there are no higher badges for this category, yet...
  • Help people! Yes, it may surprise you, but being helpful is rewarded here! The more questions you answer the more badges you can get, starting with Baby Steps. Currently the most helpful people are @wilson shrestha, @singhnsk and forum supersorter @megan- thanks to all three of you! :+1: However, they only have the 25 agrees badge, and I'm sure they are more helpful than this...! Maybe there are lots of questions which have been answered but not marked as answered - is there any way to check and update this? The top badge currently available is for 250 answers.
  • Be funny! The more you make people laugh the more fun they have the happier we will all be (just don't make fun at the expense of others please). The more people click LOL on your posts the more badges you can get. The top badge available is 500 LOLs and the funniest character here is (no surprise) @mrbelter! Thank you for filling our days with mirth! :D
Then there are badges for other things you can do:
So far nobody has got these badges, which I think is because HMD haven't set up the forum to add them automatically yet:
What do you think about badges? Are there any other badges you think we should have?
Get collecting! ;)
Cheers :smiley:

Comments

• Francesco Bacchini Francesco Bacchini
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey!
    Thanks for your detailed explanation!
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Oh man, this needs to be pinned! You covered the badges so well.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly
    Thank you for creating such useful discussion page with useful collections so far.
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I can't imaging spending that much time to write up!
    This is clearly and easy to understand! Thanks alot!
  • UGWUIKE UGWUIKE
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you for the explanation
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I think they still have more things to change in the forum including the badges . However, you explained almost everything about badges and this should be seen by everyone. And as others mentioned there should be some kind of topic pinning system on the forum.
  • shubham sharma shubham sharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you for the detailed explanation!!
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly You Are Amazing 🙂
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have an idea for HMD: reward people with most badges with a free phone. 😀
    I have only few badges, but you could start by rewarding me. 😁
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Evindzer now that would be cool! :D
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    How many phones am I getting? 🤪
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi all,
    I think most of you will have received at least one badge by now - if you haven't then maybe this post will help you work out why :)
    You can see a list of available badges here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/badges/
    Note that badges are separate from ranks and stars. Since the forum changes a few weeks ago it's no longer clear how ranks and stars are related to what we do.https://community.phones.nokia.com/badge/paparazzi
    So how do you get these badges?
    • Comments - make more comments and get more badges, starting with Speaking Up! The highest badge anyone has got so far is 1000 comments - top chatterboxes are @mrbelter, @singhnsk, @wilson shrestha :mrgreen: and someone else who appears to have deleted their account (or been banned) - who was this? The top badge here is for 50000 comments! It will take a long time to get there...
    • Be agreeable! The more people click "agree" on your posts the more badges you will eventually get. Currently the most agreeable people are the aforementioned top chatterboxes as well as @NIMISHA , @nitin kachare, @marsic, @user1520881638007 and HMD team member @matteo.m ! :smiley: Note that there are no higher badges for this category, yet...
    • Help people! Yes, it may surprise you, but being helpful is rewarded here! The more questions you answer the more badges you can get, starting with Baby Steps. Currently the most helpful people are @wilson shrestha, @singhnsk and forum supersorter @megan- thanks to all three of you! :+1: However, they only have the 25 agrees badge, and I'm sure they are more helpful than this...! Maybe there are lots of questions which have been answered but not marked as answered - is there any way to check and update this? The top badge currently available is for 250 answers.
    • Be funny! The more you make people laugh the more fun they have the happier we will all be (just don't make fun at the expense of others please). The more people click LOL on your posts the more badges you can get. The top badge available is 500 LOLs and the funniest character here is (no surprise) @mrbelter! Thank you for filling our days with mirth! :D
    Then there are badges for other things you can do:
    So far nobody has got these badges, which I think is because HMD haven't set up the forum to add them automatically yet:
    What do you think about badges? Are there any other badges you think we should have?
    Get collecting! ;)
    Cheers :smiley:
    It's really helpful 👌.Thanks for information.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @singhnsk you can only have one of the models you don't already own and which is available in the country in which you are resident...
     ...how many does that leave you with?! :D
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly Well, they launched pretty much everything in India except for the 7, the X71 and the US carrier versions. So.. there's a big room haha since I only own a 2.2 (IDK why xD) and an 8.1 (thanks to HMD for that).
    Yes, I was too lazy to count all the models that were launched in India 🤤

• Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 17
    @singhnsk and @madbilly one unit per person, please. 😃
    If not, you wouldn't leave anything for us two-star members. 🤣🤣
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well so far as I know the only free phones at the moment are in competitions, so it doesn't matter how many stars or badges you have (and I agree with this).
    So you need to either 1) move to India! or 2) hope that @matteo.m runs another competition soon and try your best to win ;)
    Cheers :)
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    (...) it doesn't matter how many stars or badges you have (...)
    Yeah, but wouldn't it be great to get a free phone for every star you've got? 🤣
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 18
    madbilly said:
     1) move to India! 
    No can do, they won't have me.
    They already have problems with overpopulation, so they don't need more residents to barge in. 😆😆
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Evindzer said:
    madbilly said:
     1) move to India! 
    No can do, they won't have me.
    They already have problems with overpopulation, so they don't need more residents to barge in. 😆😆
    So, turn the deal other way. Gib solid invitation to an Indian keen to settle abroad (most are xD, easy meat for you), he gets his visa easily, and he brings a free phone for you (that's the deal). Now, provided wherever you live is also not suffering from over-population 😂😂😂
    Sorry @madbilly, I won't ruin your post anymore 😝