I think most of you will have received at least one badge by now - if you haven't then maybe this post will help you work out why
So how do you get these badges?
- Comments - make more comments and get more badges, starting with Speaking Up! The highest badge anyone has got so far is 1000 comments - top chatterboxes are @mrbelter, @singhnsk, @wilson shrestha and someone else who appears to have deleted their account (or been banned) - who was this? The top badge here is for 50000 comments! It will take a long time to get there...
- Be agreeable! The more people click "agree" on your posts the more badges you will eventually get. Currently the most agreeable people are the aforementioned top chatterboxes as well as @NIMISHA , @nitin kachare, @marsic, @user1520881638007 and HMD team member @matteo.m ! Note that there are no higher badges for this category, yet...
- Help people! Yes, it may surprise you, but being helpful is rewarded here! The more questions you answer the more badges you can get, starting with Baby Steps. Currently the most helpful people are @wilson shrestha, @singhnsk and forum supersorter @megan- thanks to all three of you! However, they only have the 25 agrees badge, and I'm sure they are more helpful than this...! Maybe there are lots of questions which have been answered but not marked as answered - is there any way to check and update this? The top badge currently available is for 250 answers.
- Be funny! The more you make people laugh the more fun they have the happier we will all be (just don't make fun at the expense of others please). The more people click LOL on your posts the more badges you can get. The top badge available is 500 LOLs and the funniest character here is (no surprise) @mrbelter! Thank you for filling our days with mirth!
Then there are badges for other things you can do:
- Upload a profile photo and get the Snap Happy badge!
- Mention people in discussions, for example @username, and get the Name Dropper badge!
- Just be a member for a really long time! Yes you get get badges for the anniversaries of when you joined, starting with Time Flies By. The community forum is apparently now over 2 years old! Congrats to those who were there at the beginning, some of who I've already mentioned but also @domc92, @user1513325101240, @maerkek and especially @shubham sharma who appears to be the first ever member of the forums having joined in May 2017 as well as to @HMD_Laura who is apparently as old as time itself! There are badges up to the tenth anniversary available, so set a reminder in your calendar!
- As well as the anniversary badges there are badges for "original fans" - bronze, silver, gold and platinum. I think these are for people who were members of the previous forum using Freshdesk before we moved to Vanilla. I've no idea how HMD have decided who gets which badge
- And for those who weren't prior members but joined the new forum within a month of it starting you should have the Early Bird badge... but so far only @rebe has it! I'm sure that can't be right!
- Win a competition! Okay, this one is harder and partially down to luck. Even so, I think some people are waiting to be given this badge, like @SeqTre, @nitheesh, @sajwaz, @juho lemmetyinen, @nokianchetan, @andrewleroy, @unbeatable, @Mohamdriyd, @Marko Tomic, @Francesco Bacchini, @EnjoyLogy, @radu, @TommiS, @thepiranha, @UGWUIKE, @ajuvon3, @dtelang456, @fahad, @Viccky and @sushmanth... anyone else?
- Be a Combo Breaker and earn five badges in one day! I think this is quite hard to do for existing members, but easier for newer ones, e.g. Speaking Up, Snap Happy, 10x agrees, 10 LOLs and Name Dropper should all be possible within a day. I earnt at least 3 badges in one day the forum was moved from Freshdesk to Vanilla - maybe more, but I can't be sure. I'm sure that somebody must have earnt this badge by now?
So far nobody has got these badges, which I think is because HMD haven't set up the forum to add them automatically yet:
What do you think about badges? Are there any other badges you think we should have?