Dear Nokia...

I have been using the Australian variant of the Nokia 5.1 Plus for a while now. The device is amazing, for a sub $300 phone and I'm impressed by it overall.

Dear Nokia...

imnotsathesh imnotsathesh
✭✭  / 
I have been using the Australian variant of the Nokia 5.1 Plus for a while now. The device is amazing, for a sub $300 phone and I'm impressed by it overall. However the camera does disappoint a little. With no full legacy support for Camera2 API, we cannot establish a full camera experience like other phones. Now I know it is not possible for Mediatek (MTK) chips to not support Camera2 API, however your competitiors in the Indian market, such as the Realme 3 (with the same Helio P60 chip) supports Camera2 API. If they can do it, why can't you do it for the 5.1 Plus? It's understandable, if you don't want people using Google Camera on your Nokia devices. And if that's the case, then why aren't you making any changes to the Nokia camera app, because there's a lot to be improved in the app. Please think about it Nokia, and try to get in contact with Mediatek, if you can.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Camera2 API has been enabled in many Nokia devices afaic. If Nokia had allowed official ways to unlock Bootloaders of their phones, then we could do it manually by just adding a line to the build.prop file.