[Download] Stock Nokia Apps - Chinese version

* Calendar * Contacts * Dailer * File Manager * Gallery * Messaging * Music * Note Download Link: Mega Via: XDA Developers, Nokia 6 forum

[Download] Stock Nokia Apps - Chinese version

akilesh akilesh
 /  edited July 10

• Calendar
  • Contacts
  • Dailer
  • File Manager
  • Gallery
  • Messaging
  • Music
  • Note
Download Link: Mega

Via: XDA DevelopersNokia 6 forum

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

I saw this posted on XDA via a Nokia news site (can't remember which one). How does anyone know that these apps are safe and have not been tampered with? I personally don't want to test apps from an unknown source, I think that's how my Lumia got bricked.

I assume that these apps have been produced by Evenwell Digitech, an FIH (Foxconn) company because this is the company that produced lots of the stock apps in the Global versions of HMD phones. (Look under Storage>Android>Data and you'll see their name on apps as com.evenwell). They have a website www.evensoft.com.tw which has some broken links to some apps on Google Play under the com.fihtdc identities. There is a page on Google Play for Evenwell Digitech but I don't know if these apps are com.fihtdc or com.evenwell.

So, I've searched for how to find these stock Chinese APKs from a more trustworthy source than someone on XDA, but I can't. Has anyone else found them on an app store?

Cheers :)

• akilesh akilesh
     /  edited July 18

I'm the XDA member who posted this and LoveNokia.net is that Nokia news site. These apps were extracted directly from the Chinese variant of a Nokia phone. No other alterations were done. Google Play Protect scanned them and reported no warnings. Yeah, most of the Nokia apps are developed by Evenwell. 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 18
    Thanks for explaining and for sharing your hard with.

I'd still prefer it if HMD could make these apps available from an official source, it's a shame we have to get them via XDA.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭  / 

@madbilly, even for the China variant, these apps are not delivered via the App Store. So, an official source cannot be found.

These are only bundled with the OS and are updated using a system OTA update. I cannot give you a proof of authenticity, but I can certainly say that the source of these apps is worth the trust.

I do agree that these should already be bundled with the Global ROM or made available via the Play Store for users to download. But when Google pays them to make their (Google's) apps default in return and also some extra exposure via Google sites, why not?

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ash, that's a shame. Thanks for explaining.
  • Muser Muser
     /  edited August 3

It would be great if HMD could upload these to Google Play as they run better than the stock Google apps (albeit with fewer features). Keeping these apps updated is an issue at the moment.